PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Cowl Vent Question

toysrrus
03-09-2014, 04:59 AM
Yesterday I got my Bonnet back from being painted & looks really nice.

My "Cowl Vent Lid" sits a bit high of one side & Interfers with the opening & closing of the Bonnet; When I have it closed.

Where can that "Height Adjustment" be made without pulling the Heater Box???

Thanx Much,

Russ

6TTR3A
03-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi Russ,
Usually the problem is the cowl vent cover is too far forward, interfering with the opening/closing
of the bonnet. Some adjustment can be accomplished by loosening the 4 slotted machine screws under the cover. To get at them you need to disconnect one of the pivot pins attached to the cowl vent
opening/closing mechanism. The bottom one on mine was removable but the top one is a rivet.
If you have a height issue as well, the braces that hold the spring to the top of the vent cover
can be bent to adjust height. CV1 & CV2 show the optimum clearance to the bonnet The rest
show the location of the pivot pin and adjusting screws.
Hope this helps. .. .. By the way, what did you decide on the gauges? Never heard back from
you on that.
Frank Conklin

Jerry
03-09-2014, 11:39 PM
I would add that if it is too high, it may need the rubber gasket trimmed.
Jerry

toysrrus
03-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Howdy Folks,

"Frank": Thanx for the info. & Pics. Great Help. I thought something probably had to be "Bent / Adjusted" for the correct fit.

I have`nt done anything (Not even looked) at any of gauges since I got them. I surely did`nt forget & as soon as I get my parts sorted; You`ll be hearing from me.

Thanx for the Help,

Regards, Russ