PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Interior panel and carpet screws

TFB
02-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Need advice or info on attaching the kick panel carpet vertical edge and furling to the A post.
Are interior trim screws used same as door panels? If so about how many?
Also cant find any pics of dogleg panel screw locations.Any pics appreciated,post 60k car .
Thanks Tom

RC64
02-21-2014, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=TFB;925261
Also cant find any pics of dogleg panel screw locations.Any pics appreciated,post 60k car .
Thanks Tom[/QUOTE]

Tom...

I recently finished reconstructing all of the interior panels on a pre-60k 59 TR-3a. Here's a photo of the left side panels that shows the screw locations. I had the old panels to help locate the holes in the body, but in the end, I drilled some new holes in the panel and the body to get clean holes in the body. It proved to be easier that way than trying to hit the old holes straight on at several points.

If you're looking for guidance on the carpet installation, check out the threads posted by Bruce Luke (luke44). He posted several photos starting at #85 here...

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?63319-593A-Ground-Up-we-will-now-join-in-progress&p=841072&highlight=carpet#post841072

He had some more but I can seem to find the bookmark to them now. Perhaps he will be able to point you in the right direction.

Rick...