View Full Version : Spitfire Name this part!

02-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Hey guys, this is my first message here and I'm very happy to have found this forum. I'm currently replacing some old parts on my Spitfire 1500 but I'm not sure what's the name for this rubber part (image attached). It's the piece of plastic/rubber on both sides where the bonnet hatches have contact.

I'd really appreciate if you know the specific name and where I can buy it. Thank you!


02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Welcome to the forum - probably a few names for it, but Moss sells it as a hood locating cone, part number 802-390. Also can be known as a bonnet cone buffer or bonnet locating buffer etc.

02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
It's called a cone and the big dealers always have them. Here is one:


02-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks but I actually meant the rubber part where the cone touches, not the actual cone.

02-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Welcome. I thought that's what you meant when I saw your arrow. I can't find that part in any catalog. Actually mine is made of metal. If you can't but one you could always make one. It's a pretty simple piece. One of the other forums has a guy selling just about any little part you might need. Someone might just give them to you.

02-03-2014, 09:54 PM
For the receiver I've only seen metal

02-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Is this this item you are looking for?
Bonnet Locating Cone https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-612617


Oh, welcome to the forum!

02-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks! Yes, that's the part but somehow mine has a rubber cover on top.

02-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Makes sense. Prolly installed by PO

02-04-2014, 01:26 PM
+1 originaly no rubber

02-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks! Yes, that's the part but somehow mine has a rubber cover on top.
It's possible the PO just coated the metal part in a "plasti-coating" that people dip tool handles into.

02-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Or just glued a rubber piece on it to stop rattles if he was having problems