PDA

View Full Version : TR4/4A TR4 Interior Kits???

Alex_McMillin
04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi Folks,

I am looking to purchase an interior kit for my TR4 and was wondering what my best option is. Victoria British, Moss, TRF, or other? Are they all the same quality? I need the enitre kit, door panels, rear quarters, wheel well covers, and rear kit.

I'd appreciate any advice.

...........Cheers, Alex

TR4
04-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I can only speak for The Roadster Factory. That is where I got mine and I'm very happy with it. I've not yet seen one from the other vendors to compare so I can't advise which is better.

Bill Redd
04-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Why not call and ask for a sample? I've got samples for my 6 from TRF and Moss...

Alan_Myers
04-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi Alex,

I've been interior shopping, too.

Most opinions seem to be that TRF offers the most accurately made interiors. If you'll be getting it too, they make their own carpet kits locally, to keep a lot of control over the manufacture. I think their interior panels and seat kits come from England.

Most of the vendors only stock black, will need to order any other colors and that will mean some time for delivery.

I think VB and Moss get their interiors from the same source. Maybe it's the same as TRF, maybe not. I don't really know for certain.

As suggested, do get color samples, especially if you are trying to closely match original. I say this because my '62 TR4 came with Midnight Blue interior, which is not a common color on the car and quite different from the blue interiors I've seen offered by any of the vendors.

There is a Canadian firm making TR interiors, too. Perhaps they are the source of some of the vendors' kits, but I was under the impression they all got theirs from England. I thought I had the Canadian firm's web site bookmarked, but can't seem to find it right now. Maybe you can locate it through a Google search. I've heard good reports on them, their pricing seems very favorable and they appear to offer some customizing options that aren't available through the "big three".

Have fun shopping!

Alan

71tr
04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
There are a couple of other firms that you might have missed. Skinner out of the UK and Prestige Interiors also out of the UK, I believe. Both firms offer leather options and will provide samples upon request. Skinner in particular had a wide assortment of color choices.

https://www.john-skinner.co.uk/
https://www.prestigeautotrim.com/usa/usa/tr_home.htm

PeterK
04-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Actually, Moss produces their own interior kits in-house. Black and tan on-hand, custom colors made to order. There was an article on their facility in one of their sales folders. I was thrilled when I received my complete kit for my 4A and the door pocket was stiched through the wood backing panel preventing the droopy door I see too frequently on our cars. They also offer samples of materail for the asking. nfi. PeterK

KVH
05-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Check out these guys. https://heritagetrim.com/