PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Part Identification

tdel
12-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi All, I am back now, engine rebuild is finished and the mechanic is putting the car back together. Now after several months we have forgot where the parts in the photo go....I am sure folks here can identify. We think the semi-circular parts go on fan assembly. I cannot identify the bracket....

Don Elliott
12-11-2013, 05:02 PM
I have owned my 1958 TR3A from new and I've never seen parts like these anywhere on a TR3A.

tinman58
12-11-2013, 06:00 PM
the first is for the fan shaft at the front of the crankshaft. The second one I have seen it, but can't remember where it goes.... Maybe the front suspension?

PatGalvin
12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
2nd part is one of the two brackets that hold your block rubber motor mount in place. Four are needed for engine install.

Pat

TR3driver
12-11-2013, 07:54 PM
The top piece in the left photo does look like the weight used to balance the original fan, P/N 107858. But I don't recognize the bottom one. Looks kind of like a weight that someone has cut down?

As Pat said, the right photo is the "steady bracket" that goes on either side of the front motor mounts, PN 106428. But most cars (including mine) seem to be missing those pieces, as they make it a lot harder to install the mounts.

Marvin Gruber
12-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Agree, fan weight brackets and engine mount brace. Bet half the TR3's out there don't have them installed.

Marv

RedTR3
12-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes, well, there was only one bracket on my car (supposed to be 4 as Pat mentioned). I guess that is why we could not figure out what it was. Memory fades after a few months! Good news is that the car should be running by week's end

PatGalvin
12-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Yes, well, there was only one bracket on my car (supposed to be 4 as Pat mentioned). I guess that is why we could not figure out what it was. Memory fades after a few months! Good news is that the car should be running by week's end
I ended up buying a couple of those motor mount brackets from Moss. My car had two originals and two that were homemade by some PO. I'm sure my mounts will be much stiffer than yours, Marv! Hah.

Pat