PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3b lower door seal question

bob67bgt
11-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Which way does it go? Anyone have a pic of the end (installed) so I can see which way the silly thing goes? Thanks Bob

martx-5
11-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't have any pictures for you , but most of the lower door seals that have been reproduced lately have been too fat to work properly. They make it very difficult to close the door when installed. I, among many others on this board have opted to just leave them off.

So, carefully check the size compared to the original, if they are significantly fatter, consider not using them.

bob67bgt
11-27-2013, 02:21 PM
I do have some old stock seals. They are much smaller than the ones I used at the cowl to door area. It looks like there is room for them. Just not sure which way they install. Not sure about the seals that look like they go up the rear edge of the door also. FUN FUN FUN . Bob

luke44
11-28-2013, 10:08 AM
This has been addressed before.

Frank Angelfj had an excellent suggestion: Click here (https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?80112-TR3-Door-Rebuild-Weatherstripping-Question) to see the full discussion. I recently bought the same rubber so it's still available.