PDA

View Full Version : Tried a new Elise on for size

sammyb
04-26-2005, 12:12 PM
I went to go look at the new Elise. The targa top was on. I'm 6'4", so getting in was near impossible. Interestingly, there was plenty of leg room, and almost enough headroom for comfortable driving.

But I'd like to meet the person whose butt fits in those seats. My pelvis was smooshed by the seat frame, and I'm a really scrawny guy (180 pounds.)

I was going to actually take it for a test, but I was running out of time.

CraigFL
04-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm 6'-4" too so your experience was interesting. I hear you can't really get in with the top on anyway as it's supposed to be enjoyed topless... But you worry me with the tight fit because I'm considerably more than 180... Do you think your head would be sticking above the car with the top off??

Geo Hahn
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I'd like to meet the person whose butt fits in those seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was named Colin somebody or another.

I don't think I have ever sat in a Lotus that I could drive comfortably but have a friend who is a perfect fit. Good for him as he has a Seven and an Elise.

Basil
04-26-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I'm a really scrawny guy (180 pounds.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're scrawny, then I must be emaciated...145-150 (and thats after gaining about 15 pounds after I retired from the Air Force).

Basil

racing girl
04-26-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I'd like to meet the person whose butt fits in those seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be me Sam! And that car fits me a treat.... just need a sugar daddy now to buy me one.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

TypeRboy
04-26-2005, 10:47 PM
I've yet to see one in person. I imagine that I'll need a sport bike or some such thing to catch it...

PC
04-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I was on the road with a handful of them on Rolling British Car Day. I want one!

PC.

Radford
04-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Drove with one up I-85 this morning, all I can say is SWEET.

racing girl
04-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Not that I'm rubbing it in or anything... but did I ever show you this???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

https://www.butlersabroad.com/photos/lotus.jpg

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Radford
04-29-2005, 11:56 PM
So you really do know who's butt fits in that seat. Great photo, thanks for the 10000 volt s#%( eating grin.

Beavis
04-30-2005, 12:55 AM
That car looks like so much fun. Wish I could afford one. But I got my GT6, and I'm no where near rich enough to own an Elise, so I can't complain about owning the next best thing.

I love the Elise. Near 40 miles per gallon highway too. Almost as good as some of those hybrids, but with acceleration that will kill cars twice its own cost.

At a scant 1900 pounds, this car would be awesome at carving up canyon roads, going 10/10ths. I bet those lateral Gs must make you sick to your stomach.

Grinnin' right with ya'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Super 7
05-02-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm thinking of selling the 7 and the Cortinas and buying one. They are sharp.

Hegg
05-04-2005, 02:57 AM
I've only caught a glimpse of one and just HAPPENED to have my camera with me:

https://unabled.com/show/cars/sightings/Lotus_Elise.jpg

Definitely want to go test drive one someday.... How much does a test drive cost? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

05-08-2005, 06:39 AM
racing girl is very prety.

05-08-2005, 06:40 AM
racing girl is very prety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif

Basil
05-08-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
racing girl is very prety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And you are very gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

racing girl
05-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Ohh, don't you just love the internet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Thanks Bas

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

jsneddon
05-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Basil is very pretty too....

in his own special way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MGA Steve
05-10-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That car looks like so much fun. Wish I could afford one.

[/ QUOTE ]I bid $100.00 for one on eBay! But, for some strange reason, mine didn't stay the highest bid for long--next day, the price was up to $33,000. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Radford
05-12-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I'd come up with that one.

kusheen
05-17-2005, 10:33 PM
I've put 5000 miles on mine in 4 months, but that includes 3 pretty long trips.

I love it!!!

Heading to Ocean City, MD in it this weekend.

Nunyas
05-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I stopped my '76 'B next to a red Elise at a stop light a month or two a go. No doubt about it, it's a great looking car. After driving my 'B in a sea of towering tanks (full size SUVs), it was refreshing and even a little shocking to have to look DOWN to see the occupants of the car next to me... heh. Like everyone else that's posted so far, if i had the money i'd get one too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Basil
05-28-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've put 5000 miles on mine in 4 months, but that includes 3 pretty long trips.

I love it!!!

Heading to Ocean City, MD in it this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attach a picture to a reply!

Basil

Basil
05-28-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you!

https://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/basil_me.jpg

sammyb
06-01-2005, 12:53 AM
Y'know, that Ricky is pretty too!!! I think with that A-chord Basil is starting to play "Wild Thing" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RHWins
08-04-2005, 01:46 AM
GrassRoots, at eh Walter Mitty in Atlanta last April (?) Lotus brought 4 or 5 of these suckers for us to run in a small autocross. FANTASTIC

EliseGuy
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM
The seats are a bit too big for me; I slide around in them. I'm 5'10" and 165 lbs. Getting in and out isn't very difficult once you figure out the method you're going to use. It takes a couple of tries, but you get used to it.

Nunyas
08-16-2005, 05:47 PM
how is it compared to getting in and out of a Corvette ... built on say the L98/LT1 chassis? My mother had one when I was in my late teens/early twenties, and I remember thinking it was a bit awkward to get in and out of with the top on due to the wide sills...

bugimike
08-19-2005, 10:28 PM
I was the guy months ago on the Spridget site that thought a "poorman's" version of the Elise would have been the logical "new" Sprite. In the pre-release blurbs on the car,it was touted to go for somewhere in the$30-$35K range and fit the small, lightweight, well-handling, small-displacement formula that made the Sprite so successful. In today's car prices that would have been so! I have seen several on the road and love the car, and would love to drive it...but at what price? The Exige is even more mouth-watering and awsome but come on...at what price again? Colin Chapman was endeavoured to build his cars to be awsome at a reasonable price for the more "common" afficionado,not the "Ferrarista", ergo his original "7" (which originally wasn't ever"Super")which you could buy in a kit and build in your livingroom. One of my Dad's friends did just that and, I remember as a young lad, we had to tear out the front windows of the living room to get it out because we could not lift it and turn it sideways to get out the front door!

sammyb
09-01-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how is it compared to getting in and out of a Corvette ... built on say the L98/LT1 chassis? My mother had one when I was in my late teens/early twenties, and I remember thinking it was a bit awkward to get in and out of with the top on due to the wide sills...

[/ QUOTE ]

When the ZR1 first came out, my dad referred to getting into one of these Vettes as "getting into a full body condom." I own an '89 Vette roadster, and I agree that ingress/egress is pretty nasty.

But the Vette is nothing compared to the Lotus, especially an Elise with the top on. It's a small opening with a huge drop and a wide sill. Without the top on is much easier!