PDA

View Full Version : General TR last run with the lady

angelfj1
11-20-2013, 04:15 PM
The weather this month has been unusually mild. It got up to 60F this past Monday. So, I took the Grey Lady out for her last run of the year.

https://youtu.be/WI7yZy-q3Mg

Cheers,

Frank https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Mickey Richaud
11-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Sounds sweet, Frank!

mallard
11-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Frank it looks like you live in a great area, good roads for driving. Any winter projects for the girl?

Tr3aguy
11-20-2013, 08:41 PM
nice......winter slumber time?

TexasKnucklehead
11-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Frank,

A few weeks ago, when Prudence and I pulled off the Pennsylvania Turnpike at Somerset, in our TR3, it was 28 degrees. By Texas standards, that was as "winter" as we wanted to get. I am glad you had another chance for a ride in decent weather. Around here, I am hoping for a few more decent rides, but usually, it doesn't get too bad until the heat of July. But a hibernation due to weather is still a hibernation. -and the roads here never compare to there.

Jer

toysrrus
11-21-2013, 05:18 AM
Good Day Frank,

Your TR sounds really good going down one of the Country roads in PA. When I lived in the "Stroudsburg" area; We used to exercise our machines on "RT 209" headed North to "Milford, PA" & then continue into "NY State". Cool Rides!!

Our roads down here were designed by a "Sports Car & Motor Cycle" Engineer; Twisty, Winding, Up & Down etc. Did "God" own an LBC? Our weather allows us to drive most of the year since we virtually have no snow. The Temps are really supposed to dip comes next wk; "Upper 40s"!! Thats about 15deg. "Below" the norm for this time of yr.

Think Global Warming for more driving days!!

Happy Motoring,

Russ

angelfj1
11-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi Keith! Glad you enjoyed the video. Yes, there are a few things I'd like to get done. Found an original, period radio that Id like to install. Not sure where I can hide a small speaker. For some unknown reason, my car did not have the round cut-out on the passenger-side kick panel. I don't have heat in the garage but do have a protable propane heater that I want to try.

Cheers,

Frank;)

angelfj1
11-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Hey Jerry. Next time you in PA give us a jingle! Yes, the weather has really been strange. Didn't use the snow blower at all last winter!

angelfj1
11-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Good Day Frank,

Your TR sounds really good going down one of the Country roads in PA. When I lived in the "Stroudsburg" area; We used to exercise our machines on "RT 209" headed North to "Milford, PA" & then continue into "NY State". Cool Rides!!

Our roads down here were designed by a "Sports Car & Motor Cycle" Engineer; Twisty, Winding, Up & Down etc. Did "God" own an LBC? Our weather allows us to drive most of the year since we virtually have no snow. The Temps are really supposed to dip comes next wk; "Upper 40s"!! Thats about 15deg. "Below" the norm for this time of yr.

Think Global Warming for more driving days!!

Happy Motoring,

Russ

Hello Russ! Yes. Rt 209 is a personal favorite. The roads in the video are a few minutes from our house. I never would have believed 60 degrees in November, but the world's weather has truly changed.

Cheers,

Frank:smile-new:

angelfj1
11-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Sounds sweet, Frank!

Hi Mikey! Any new projects?

You'll never guess who sent me an email. Remember Dale from PR? He and Wendy now live in Tampa, FL. Dale seems to be doing OK and he still drives "Amos", his red TR6.

Cheers,

Frank:D

sail
11-21-2013, 08:07 AM
:cool: car.

Mickey Richaud
11-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi Mikey! Any new projects?

You'll never guess who sent me an email. Remember Dale from PR? He and Wendy now live in Tampa, FL. Dale seems to be doing OK and he still drives "Amos", his red TR6.

Cheers,

Frank:D

No new projects; am only just now wrapping up the GT. Only thing on the horizon is retirement to the Smokies!

Glad you've heard from Dale. Looks like he's enjoying Tampa.

Mickey

Roger
11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
The weather this month has been unusually mild. It got up to 60F this past Monday. So, I took the Grey Lady out for her last run of the year.

Cheers,

Frank https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

I've been seeing your posts for years, but every time I do, I forget and get all excited because I think someone has an Alvis.

Like this:
https://api.ning.com/files/Z0dgxJgwQ8yPwPMRlJ2enHaRRnnPTdC35lJ493s6iU5Q2G0TUU SvJjQGFOVO674L/1953AlvisTC21100GreyLadyDropHeadCoupe.jpeg%3Fwidth %3D640

59diamond
11-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Whats a snow blower

toysrrus
11-22-2013, 03:09 AM
I remember reading a "Whole Bunch" of posts from "Dale" while in PR in the past.

It seemed like every time he made a post; There was somesort of problem with the TR6. Was`nt he selling the TR6 due to "Total Aggravation"? 1 "g" or 2 "g" in Ag____????

Russ

sd80mac7204
11-22-2013, 02:21 PM
That's great that you got a chance to stretch her legs, Frank. I have to rearrange the contents of my garage soon and that involves jumping the dormant Spitfire to move it. If it decides to behave, I might take it for a short spin up the road. I will try to refrain though, it has a 8/13 inspection sticker. PSP seems to watch for old stickers.

angelfj1
11-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Oh Roger, what a beauty!!!

Frank

angelfj1
11-25-2013, 09:24 PM
I remember reading a "Whole Bunch" of posts from "Dale" while in PR in the past.

It seemed like every time he made a post; There was somesort of problem with the TR6. Was`nt he selling the TR6 due to "Total Aggravation"? 1 "g" or 2 "g" in Ag____????

Russ

Russ: I didn't hear from Dale for a very long time, but we would occasionally hear from his wife, Wendy. As you may remember, dale had to move because of his COPD. The weather in PR is not ideal for someone with breathing difficulties. Whatever needed to be repaired musta have been done, because he is driving the car.

Frank

angelfj1
11-25-2013, 09:27 PM
That's great that you got a chance to stretch her legs, Frank. I have to rearrange the contents of my garage soon and that involves jumping the dormant Spitfire to move it. If it decides to behave, I might take it for a short spin up the road. I will try to refrain though, it has a 8/13 inspection sticker. PSP seems to watch for old stickers.

Have you considered antique tags? No inspection required.

urchin
11-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Surely you were going more than 20 around that bend in the road? :). The roads look just like the ones in Maine!

Jeff