PDA

View Full Version : Wedge $14,000 bid for TR7 Spider on Ebay !!!

sammyb
04-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Ladies and Gents, there's a bidding war for a low-mile TR7 Spider on Ebay. It's at $13,995.

Maybe there's hope for our TR7s!

ObiRich -- you must be dancing, as this car is rather similar to a certain TR7.

philman
04-23-2005, 01:51 AM
the current high bidder (jeffusc) buys and sells tr7 parts on ebay (i have purchased from him and bid against him). so i figure he knows how much it is worth.

the dealer is in eugene and has a good reputation in the local sports car community supporting the local british car club and emerald empire sports car club (affiliated with scca). i don't think this car is a scam based on his reputation. he has a web site for his business, i think it's called the sports car shop (eugene oregon) and sells vintage jags, mg's , triumphs, and land rovers.

ObiRichKanobi
04-23-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ObiRich -- you must be dancing, as this car is rather similar to a certain TR7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am...in fact when the auction closes I may print the page and take it to my insurance company to up the preagreed amount I have on mine.

Of course, this one is in a lot better shape than mine. First, you'd have to add a 1 in front of the mileage to equal mine. This one still has the original seats and carpet (mine has the carpet...but not in the same condition). But overall, yeppers, I'm glad to see this one going for that much.

MGA Steve
04-23-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the current high bidder (jeffusc) buys and sells tr7 parts on ebay (i have purchased from him and bid against him). so i figure he knows how much it is worth.

[/ QUOTE ]Boy, I hope so! Imagine what this might do to TR8 prices. Yes, Rich, I know there were fewer Spiders than TR8s! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

By the way, are you coming to the 53rd Annual Glenwood Springs Rallye on June 10-12? Usually have at least 1 or 2 cars from Utah and several others from New Mexico, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, and even Idaho. Last year there were 5 TR7s and 8s, 160 total cars, and about 250 people registered. Should be a great time--more details on "www.mgcc.org". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

ObiRichKanobi
04-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Sorry, but will have to sit that one out.

bunzil
04-23-2005, 05:56 PM
How about this one that went last month for $12.5k but supposedly only had 300 miles on the clock.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4532429967