PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Need some electrical help please.

ichthos
08-15-2013, 07:18 PM
My TR6 had a little problem starting up. I decided to shut it off and restart it again before I went any where, but this time all the electricity went out. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Kevin

Gliderman8
08-15-2013, 07:25 PM
As in no power to any electrical component?

TR3driver
08-15-2013, 08:43 PM
If nothing at all works (not even lights or horns), the first place I would check is the battery cables at the battery. Very common to get corrosion between the clamp and post that is more or less invisible but won't conduct enough to power the car. If either of the cables has one of those clamps that also clamp to the wire, just replace the entire cable with the proper one.

Otherwise, turn on the headlights and start checking for power with a test light or DMM, starting on top of the battery posts and working outward from there. Depending on what year TR6, there may be a junction block in the hot battery cable, which is also a common trouble spot.

DNK
08-15-2013, 10:02 PM
It's a 69

Kevin- add your car to your siggy

ichthos
08-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Sorry to take so long to reply back. Probably should have checked out things a little better before posting. In any case, it did end up being a grounding problem. I also discovered my engine mount was getting loose too, so I guess it was a good thing. Thanks for the help.
Kevin