full circle!
Any thoughts, thanks.

DNK
06-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Might help to post your car in your Signature
When you put a signature in your post

pdplot
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
My TR6 tach is lazy. It sleeps at night and has to be awaken with a smart rap on the glass. Then it works perfectly. No one has ever been able to tell me why.

CJD
06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
It would take a couple things to get the needle to spin full circle. First, the spring has to be broken. Secondly, the "0" stop has to be missing, or the needle bent outward so it misses the stop altogether.

It'll have to come apart to fix.

alanjohnturner
06-05-2013, 01:21 PM
I have a reapir manual for these I could email to you.

Al.

davjac889
06-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks, but I don't want to put my e-mail out there.

dklawson
06-05-2013, 11:12 PM
You don't have to "put your email out there". Send each other messages through the PM system. It's private.

Regardless, as John said, the needle going all the way around the face means the return hairspring has been broken. To repair it at home you will need a donor gauge. If sourcing a donor tach and opening the gauge up bothers you, this is a job better handled by a speedometer shop.

tomshobby
06-06-2013, 12:08 PM
I had mine converted to electronic by Morris at https://westvalleyinstruments.com/ and am glad I did.

hondo402000
06-06-2013, 02:18 PM
wrap on the dash next to the gauge thats not working, that way you wont take a chance of breaking the glass

BobbyD
06-07-2013, 08:36 AM
I had mine converted to electronic by Morris at https://westvalleyinstruments.com/ and am glad I did.

+1 on West Valley for instrument repair.........quality work at a fair price and he delivers on time. Send the cable along with the tach as the cable tip size/protrusion is critical in the operation of both the speedo and tach.

Lots of ways to share an email address without fear of it being hi-jacked and a target for spam..... billATabc.com or bill@abcDOTcom or just go to GMail and get and address that is your forum address.

And add a signature line that includes the year & model of your car. Nice/need to know if it's a TR3 or a TR6 and even then the year makes a difference in the solution.