PDA

View Full Version : A completely self-centered post

NutmegCT
05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
No big tech issues to bug you gentlemen with. But ... I just came back from a 75 mile drive around eastern Connecticut.

There is a BIG SMILE on my face. My TR performed flawlessly (at least far as I can tell).

Due to the 90 degree heat and full sun, I drove with the soft top raised. Wind all around with no side curtains, but the shade greatly lowered my sun-stroke factor. And the insulation I added under the carpeting last fall made a huge difference in cockpit comfort.

What a great ride.

OK - back to your regularly scheduled posts.

Tom

DNK
05-31-2013, 12:14 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BillyB62
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Tom,

One of these days we'll have to meet somewhere - I live just down the road and would love to see your car!

NutmegCT
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Bill - sounds good to me. It's no concours winner, but I sure enjoy it when I can. I'd probably be embarrassed to see mine sitting next to yours.

https://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/freemangarden/TR3A%20arrival/MinatorsOriginal.jpg

BillyB62
05-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Ha, not from where I'm sitting! Your car is beautiful....and unlike mine right now, has its wheels on :D

Keith_M
05-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Sounds great! I'm at work and insanely jealous at the moment.

justin_mercier
05-31-2013, 01:24 PM
You should both (car or no car) come down to the British by the Sea show this sunday =D Should be gorgeous out !

BobbyD
05-31-2013, 04:03 PM
Drove the 6 to the UPS store, Yogurt Shop and Grocery Store....... hot hot hot..... mid 90's but a great day.

Who's going to Brits by the Sea in CT on Sunday (https://ctmg2005.homestead.com/files/bbts2013/BBTS2013Savethedateannouncement.pdf)? Always a great show in a picture perfect setting.

Tim Tucker
05-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Lovely TR3!

sail
06-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Good for you, keep smiling. What I have this cars for, a GRIN. I can't say how many have asked me why I don't have the top down. When I ask them why they don't have a convertible I just get a dumb look. Shade is not so bad. A drive in a LBC great. Doesn't matter to me how it looks as long as it gets back home.

NutmegCT
06-01-2013, 05:15 PM
... A drive in a LBC great. Doesn't matter to me how it looks as long as it gets back home.

Truer words have never been spoken!
T.

pdplot
06-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I would have gone to British By The Sea but I,m finishing the valve job on the TR6 tomorrow morning to get it back on the road. I had a problem with the heater tube but after loosening the manifolds, we were able to bend up the pipe and attach the heater hoses. After a couple of coats of rust treatment and two coats of rustoleum, we attached a piece of galvanized sheet metal with a couple of pop rivets and the battery and plastic box will sit on new metal. Randy also has a spare red fan to put on in place of the yelllow one for better cooling and I installed a 160-degree thermostat as I don't drive in the winter. The radiator goes back in tomorrow with its new coat of black gloss rustoleum resting on 4 new rubber washers, two per side. All new hoses from Moss (TRF was back ordered) and the coolant will go back in. Then - the crucial moment. Trying to start 'er up. I charged the battery last week so we should be good to go. Randy is also working on a TR 250 across town. Says its in great shape. I'll try to get a picture. Not many of them around here.

PD

Don Elliott
06-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I re-registered the plate for my 1958 TR3A on May 1st and have already driven it a most enjoyable 700 miles since then.

RJS
06-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Tom,

Any chance you were heading across the Sikorsky bridge on the Merritt Pkwy Saturday eve around 7:30pm? I passed a BEAUTIFUL red TR3. Not sure if it was you or not but, the driver sure had a huge grin!

We were on our way back from a long, hot day at CT middle school States track meet in Manchester

All the best

Bob