PDA

View Full Version : rubber mats

Gundy
05-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Installed rubber mats from AHSpares in the Sprite. Nice tailored fit. Looks great.
Very tidy and neat.
The black carpet just showed EVERY tiny piece of crud that fell from my shoes.
I have to walk a bit down a gravel drive to get to the car and that white gravel dust
is just nasty. Carpets looked dirty at the end of every soiree.
I guess the rubber mats will too but they'll be easier to clean.
I tell ya, if a foot can touch it, it's covered in rubber now.
It's a little extra weight but I think it's worth the trade-off.
:cool-new:

TulsaFred
05-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Sounds very cool. Show us some pics.

nomad
05-24-2013, 08:30 AM
I never even bothered fitting that piece of carpet in my midget. Just sprung for the AMCO style rubber mats. As you said, David, they look great. In the old days I liked the looks of the coco mats. They are available again but not cheap like they were when our cars were new. Coco mat's kinda made the dirt disappear as it worked its way into the mat.

Kurt.

Gundy
05-24-2013, 09:55 AM
I had Coco mats in my hot rod VW years ago. They do stay neat looking, but underneath was still nasty. Allowed moisture to settle to the floor.
I really like the rubber mat. Not as pretty as new carpets, but it will help keep the carpet looking new. The wife (brains of the outfit) has rubber MGB logo'ed mats in
B. The B also has black carpet. When I pull the mats to clean I'm always amazed how clean those carpets UNDER the mat remain.
Those are nice...but they pale compared to the Amco I just put in the Sprite. One snip to wrap mat around the gas pedal and that's it. Amazing tight fit.
Crud ain't gotta chance in Hades of getting on my carpet now.
I'll take some pics later today. Wife's Doc appointment today. We're taking her B to the city. Stop by the butcher-shop on the way home. Settle in for the Holiday.
It was in the high 50s at sunrise. 63 degrees as I type.
Miss B has been pre-flight checked and on deck. Should be a cool trip.

Gundy
05-28-2013, 04:59 PM
The B took us up in the mountains Memorial Day for sushi. I could get used to that thing.
Anyway, Mimi's been in the barn till today. You can best see the rubber mat just in front of the driver's seat.
Blends right in.
Took my shoes off to move it before you guys got a pic.
:friendly_wink:
It's not an original interior but it works for me.
Mats get a :encouragement: