PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Parts help needed 1960 tr3 a

Tinkerman
04-12-2013, 03:59 PM
I need a compression fitting for my vacuum to connect to the carburator. No luck with any of the big three, so I am turning to the only folks that I know that might be able to help me out! If you have a vacuum line that will do the job please PM me and let me know.
I bought a brass union from MOSS but cannot find a compression fitting at any of the shops that are within my area.

Thanks, Tinkerman

titanic
04-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Dick-I don't know the od of the tubing, but a guess would be 1/8". Measure it and try the local hardware stores or industrial suppliers. McMaster-Carr is also a possibility, but postage&time might make it plan B or C.Berry

TR3driver
04-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Are you looking for the nut or the compression sleeve/ferrule? Both should come with the suction pipe assembly, which i think would be 509167 for your car (and listed as available by TRF).

I agree the tubing is 1/8" od, but not sure offhand if a standard 1/8" compression nut will fit the union.

titanic
04-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Randall-I was thinking that just the ferrule was needed and agree that the threaded ends probably wouldn't be available locally. I don't have one of the threaded fittings to measure, but it is probably something peculiar to the British. Joe Curto might have them and his shipping wouldn't be as painfull as TRF charges for small orders. Berry

TR3driver
04-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I used 1/8" hardware store ferrules and they seemed to fit my TR3A fine. Don't recall where I found them, might have been Ace or OSH. I doubt Home Depot or Lowes would have them. Joe Curto would be another good place to try.

TuffTR250
04-15-2013, 01:22 PM
My local NAPA has 1/8 inch ferrules. Give NAPA a try.
Regards,
Bob