PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Upholstery

gsalt57tr3
04-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I am in Fresno California where the temperature gets to be in the upper 90s and 100s during the summer.

I am not driving a concours car and won't ever be restoring it to that level. Does anyone have any suggestions for fabric to reupholster my TR3 for coolness in the summer?

Mickey Richaud
04-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey, Glenn -

Wicker? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

I suppose any loosely woven cloth would be good, and if you use the earlier type "horsehair" stuffing, seems like it would be more forgiving than foam rubber.

Mickey

Geo Hahn
04-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Once it tops 100 almost any interior is going to feel hot -- personally I have never minded the black leather so long as I pull the tonneau over the seat while it's parked. The heat problems I do encounter are the steering wheel & door.

The steering wheel gets hot while driving but wearing driving gloves resolves that. The top of the door gets hot (I mean 'fry-bacon hot') as it is not protected by the tonneau and that is where my left arm wants to ride in the TR4. I have made up a patch of cloth that snaps on a couple of the tonneau snaps to protect the arm... but the design still needs work.

waltesefalcon
04-02-2005, 03:55 PM
gsalt, I live in a town where 110, to 115 is not an uncommon thing in the summer. The best thing I have found for the seats in my spitfire, are sheepskin covers. They are suprisingly cool in the summer, and seem to breath pretty well.