PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Wiper motor brushes tr3

sp53
02-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know where to get a good deal on Wiper motor brushes for a tr3 D2 motor? I heard I could purchase them at Ace rather than pay 22.00 for such a small item. They seem to be the same thickness as the generator brushes and I have some old ones of those around. I am trying to think of a good way to cut them down, perhaps a hacksaw or maybe grinding them down. I am not sure how long they are supposed to be either.

equiprx
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know where to get a good deal on Wiper motor brushes for a tr3 D2 motor? I heard I could purchase them at Ace rather than pay 22.00 for such a small item. They seem to be the same thickness as the generator brushes and I have some old ones of those around. I am trying to think of a good way to cut them down, perhaps a hacksaw or maybe grinding them down. I am not sure how long they are supposed to be either.

I rebuild a lot of motors for work and most of the time I can get the brushes at ACE.

Lukens
02-20-2013, 06:22 PM
I've cut brushes down before. Pretty soft material. Rubbing on coarse sandpaper will take a lot off. If you want to get real aggressive, hold them against a stationary belt sander. When they grab and fling accross your shop, forget I told you. :livid: