PDA

View Full Version : Over the inlets and through the swamp...

DrEntropy
12-27-2012, 12:12 PM
...to grandmothers' houses we went.

Good to see the fambly, got over-fed and under-rested.

Father in law came down with what appeared to be food poisoning early Boxing Day. laid him low. On the way back to the hovel, 'smits began squirming, rolled down the passenger side window and blew chunks down Diesela's side and suffer'd some blow-back... eddy current is a treacherous thing at 70MPH! She had the same cucumber salad her dad ate. She spent the rest of yesterday and last night on the couch with a bucket for a nightstand. argh. Mum-in-law and self were unaffected. Nursing duty.

But she got up this morning and went off to her new job. I'm pacin' th' cage, concerned. sheesh.

Merry Christmas... :crazy::tired:

Gliderman8
12-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear S'mits is under the weather... hope her recovery is quick.
Note to self: stay away from pukecumber salad :rolleye:

S'mits is in good hands- after all, you are the DOC!

GregW
12-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Ugh! Never good that food poisoning. Even worse that it took out a couple holiday cheerers. Hope they have a speedy recovery.

DrEntropy
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear S'mits is under the weather... hope her recovery is quick.
Note to self: stay away from pukecumber salad :rolleye:

S'mits is in good hands- after all, you are the DOC!

...with an uncooperative, hard-headed, barbarian Amazon for a patient! She won't listen to a thing I recommend. Very much her father's daughter. In past incidents with other illnesses, I've nearly had to beat her into compliance. She refuses to admit she's got a problem 'til it durn-near renders her unconscious. Once took a fever of 103F before she would allow me to get her into a doctor's office. Infection was going systemic, I knew it but she refused to cooperate. Took surgery and a month of me as nurse/clinician before she was "whole" again!

argh.

Nunyas
12-27-2012, 01:15 PM
ouch!

Here's to a speedy recovery!

I was thinking about seeing if you wanted to drain some CAB vessels and bench race a bit today/tomorrow. Unfortunately, I seem to have contracted an unknown contagion from one of the little ones in my sister's brood. So, I think I'm going to weather it out instead. If the claritin doesn't help, i may need to run down and nab some dayquil here shortly :\

Gliderman8
12-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Try Jewish penicillin.... chicken soup!

DrEntropy
12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
ouch!

Here's to a speedy recovery!

I was thinking about seeing if you wanted to drain some CAB vessels and bench race a bit today/tomorrow. Unfortunately, I seem to have contracted an unknown contagion from one of the little ones in my sister's brood. So, I think I'm going to weather it out instead. If the claritin doesn't help, i may need to run down and nab some dayquil here shortly :\

If you're in ANY semblance of okay, you're welcome to come over! We'll drown those bugs in some CAB!!

12-27-2012, 10:51 PM
and under-rested.

Sounds like my kinda party. What were the charges? :jester:

AngliaGT
12-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Doc,

Sorry to hear that - it sucks to be under the weather on the Holidays.
I hope she's feeling better now.

- Doug

Banjo
12-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Hope Smitts is feeling better soon. The whole clan here has been batteling some nasty bug since last weekend. had us all out of comission on Christmas. the fevers have subsided leaving us all with nasy hacking coughs. My chest feels like someone cleaned it out with a wire brush, then filled it up with wheel bearing grease. I'll probably wind up at the Docs office yet to get some industrial strength meds.