PDA

View Full Version : Dreading the Upcoming

DNK
12-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Gonna have to start thinking about the inevitable and talk to the powers to be about the utilities at our new abode very soon.
Need some advice on VOIP providers anybody use Vonage... or any of the others?
All stories apprciated

Gliderman8
12-06-2012, 10:30 PM
I used vonage when I was working in Boston... I had it setup so when people called my "Boston" number, it would ring in my office in Pennsylvania. Service was OK... that being said, I would NEVER use them again. It was pure he|| trying to cancel service. They literally gave you the run-around and made it extremely difficult to leave. Google "cancelling Vonage" and read the horror stories... they are all true!
With that said, I have the vonage router in case you decide to go with them... let me know and I'll be glad to give it to you.
Keep looking... you can do better.

One more thing... if you need to call them you will end up speaking to someone at the restaurant. It's called the New Deli :smirk:

JodyFKerr
12-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I've had vonage at our place in Mexico for years. I've really been happy with it. It allows me to telecommute from the beach with a local phone number. :)

Basil
12-07-2012, 01:35 AM
I currently use www.nettalk.com (https://www.nettalk.com). Decent quality most if the time. Definitely glad we ditched our land line.

$29.00/year unlimited calls US and Canada. (29/year not /month)

DNK
12-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Boss- Most of the time?
Is that acceptable?

waltesefalcon
12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Bas, how long have you been using nettalk, and will a rotary phone (the new fangled one that uses a plug not the old hard wired one) the work with it?