PDA

View Full Version : Lead Additive...

Boink
11-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, THIS is amusing. I see a new con in the making. Perhaps there could also be a cottage industry in silver-spray-painting rocks...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-TB-RUN-ON-95-UNLEADED-PETROL-INTANK-UNIT-/270821128642?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0e3279c2

:p

P.S. - I see they sell a number of other "products."

Gliderman8
11-27-2012, 02:00 PM
P.T. Barnum comes to mind :rolleye:

PAUL161
11-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Yup, there's one born every day! :laugh:

waltesefalcon
11-27-2012, 03:43 PM
But its made in Britain and it has an insurance policy covered by Llyods of London. I think they must be on the level, maybe I'll buy two and not need anymore for years.

TOC
11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
MADE IN BRITAIN MADE IN BRITAIN MADE IN BRITAIN, to be precise.
Did you see his Fly Wheel Spark?
Break the park into 5 pulses for better economy.
Now, we get to change from "change the coil!" to "change the fly wheel!"

Boink
11-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Here is an interesting link from a Lotus group about that stuff: https://www.lotuselan.net/forums/elan-f15/tin-amalgam-pellets-does-have-any-merit-t18021.html Of course, as we all knew, bogus bogus bogus.

Boink
11-27-2012, 11:46 PM
MADE IN BRITAIN MADE IN BRITAIN MADE IN BRITAIN, to be precise.
Did you see his Fly Wheel Spark?
Break the park into 5 pulses for better economy.
Now, we get to change from "change the coil!" to "change the fly wheel!"

That was a good one... something about stretching the spark out to a longer during for full ignition!!! LOL

sd80mac7204
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
For exactly half the cost I can sell you the American version of that product. Each unit is lovingly assembled from an unwashed old sock full of genuine chunks of gravel. This device is specially designed to break down in your fuel tank and clog every single valve and orifice in your fuel system and removes the need to ever have to fill up at a gas station ever again! And as always... Made with PRIDE in WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA!!!

DrEntropy
11-28-2012, 11:52 AM
For exactly half the cost I can sell you the American version of that product. Each unit is lovingly assembled from an unwashed old sock full of genuine chunks of gravel. This device is specially designed to break down in your fuel tank and clog every single valve and orifice in your fuel system and removes the need to ever have to fill up at a gas station ever again! And as always... Made with PRIDE in WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA!!!

:lol: Genuine Gravel? Wha'happened up there? Yins run outta coal? :devilgrin:

Boink
11-28-2012, 12:24 PM

Only half the price?!!!! :D What if I provide my own sock?

sd80mac7204
11-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Only half the price?!!!! :D What if I provide my own sock?

Extra charge to handle the possible bio-hazard.:jester:

Boink
11-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Extra charge to handle the possible bio-hazard.:jester:

Good point... though I could provide a disposable mask and latex gloves if I could save myself a few bucks. I really WOULD like some of that Western Penn. crude.

sd80mac7204
11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
:lol: Genuine Gravel? Wha'happened up there? Yins run outta coal? :devilgrin:

Coal can be sent by the ton. Gravel by the handful. High quality gravel mined from the lower confines of my driveway. Anyway the Buffalo and Pittsburgh Railroad tend to get a bit... umm... "excited" when they see me trying to dig coal out of one of their hopper cars. (j/k I don't actually do that).