PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Air Filters

fad64b
11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I have a TR3 that has a set of NAPA 2176 air filters installed by the PO. I needed new filters and found this link thought it might help someone else out.

https://www.californiaclassix.com/Bernard/SU_Filters.html

JohnB
11-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Frank,
Thanks for the link.............great solution to poor original filters..................

TR3driver
11-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Do those Volvo filters fit without fouling on the inner fender? The original TR3 filters are offset upwards, so they don't hit. I run TR4A filters which lack the offset and tend to rub on the inner fender (or did, before I modified it a bit).

I've been wanting to do something similar to the mod shown in the link, but with the offset.

MDCanaday
11-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Never forget the OE filters can be used with the foam overlay from John Deere.They really work and can be cleaned easily.
MD

mgedit
12-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Do you happen to have a part number or additional information on the Deere foam overlays? Thanks, Mike

Don Elliott
12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Mike - I know you live in the country but check at any Sears store in the tools department. I bought a foam air filter for a Sears home workshop vacuum cleaner for about $20.00. I took one of my gauze air filters with me to the store to make sure of the diameter. When you get home, cut it into 4 equal circular pieces - or let me know, I still have the other two around my garage somewhere. They are a snug fit on the OD of the original gauze air filter.

Cheers

Don

mgedit
12-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks Don. Good idea. Thinking that other shop-vac filters might be close in size too. I'll have to check them out. Cheers, Mike

TR4nut
12-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Never forget the OE filters can be used with the foam overlay from John Deere.They really work and can be cleaned easily.
MD

MD- You happen to know the John Deere number for those? A quick internet check shows some pretty cheap options but sizes weren't given.

Thanks
Randy