PDA

View Full Version : British Car Answers

BOXoROCKS
03-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, here's the question. A friend of mine has, for years, been calling and coming over for help on his LBC's. OK, no problem, but he is a school principle,of many years, and given the state of
public education today, should I give him the same % of correct answers and misinformation for his cars as he has been giving his students?, not to mention at a MUCH cheaper rate. Obviously I am kidding, but it would be kinda fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sammyb
03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Although, out here in the Northwest, not only are the Public School Systems doing very well (test scores are very high, and we have more kids entering college from public schools than in-state schools to take them,) but our Little British Car community is also stronger than ever! Could there be a relationship? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

urchin
03-22-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm a public school principal [this is the correct spelling] who is also a LBC fan - currently, I have my '80 TR-7 Spider and a '66 Land Rover Series II-A.

Principals don't give "wrong answers," we give "responses based on balancing student academic needs while respecting developmental levels, demonstating an awareness of community mores, embracing diverse opinions and welcoming the input of all sectors of our society which we value equally." Does that make things clearer?

The nearest experience I can suggest to you is the response of LBC parts suppliers who, when you return the third alternator that did not work, say "Wow - we've never had this happen before." Kind of like talking to a principal.

Jeff

03-22-2005, 09:03 PM
The principal is your pal. See, I remember something from grammar school.

Bill

waltesefalcon
03-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Jeff, are your eyes brown by any chance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

urchin
03-27-2005, 03:34 PM
No, Walter, a sort of royal blue, actually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Just practicing my jargon in case I'm asked to speak with a department of education official.

Jeff

waltesefalcon
03-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Ok just making sure.

vettedog72
03-28-2005, 12:48 PM
urchin:
I wish more verbally articulated people were involved with technical repair book writing; but if they were involved, who would mind the schools.