PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 winnshield glass

TFB
10-29-2012, 08:52 AM
I need new glass windshield.Moss is $299 for triplex brand,BPNW is $129 and I could not find any windshield glass on TRF site.
Anybody used the BPNW glass?My main concern is quality, fit and price not brand.
Thanks
Tom

PKPoole
10-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Jedi,
I've used Victoria British several times (TR3 and MGA)for windshields and think they are the best for the least price ($100 on sale). The shipping is also very reasonable and well packaged. My only advice is to order the rubber seal (glazing) for the MGA from Moss. It is thinner and easier to install than the ones you get for the TR3. I found this out the hard way by breaking the first TR3 glass I got. Good luck. Pat

JFS
10-29-2012, 10:08 AM
You might try a local glass company. Tri City Glass, a local company, procured a Triplex windshield and necessary gasket and installed it in my TR3 windshield frame for what I remember to be a reasonable price.

TFB
10-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the info.Maybe I will run it by a local glass shop after I get the frame prepped.
Thanks again
Tom

TR3TR6
10-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Tom:

When I purchased my windshield glass ( I think I got it from Victoria British), its been some years ago; the first thing I noticed was the glass was thinner then on my original. A friend also purchased one just before I got mine and ended up breaking it when he tried to install it. I was very careful and got mine in okay. The glazing for the glass that I purchased was too thick, so I used black cloth tape which worked real well. After I had the glass installed, I just used an box cutter to trim off the excess. Good luck.

mallard
10-29-2012, 06:49 PM
The glass I got from VB was at least 1/4" shorter than the original, and it did not fill the corners. I would not get one from them again. It was cheap though $89.00 on sale.I'm sure TRF has the glass you just need to find the factory part number. I've always had good luck with BPNW parts. The Triplex glass is a bit expensive but it may also be the best.