PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker's truck stolen in broad daylight

Basil
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Yesterday one of my co-workers had his late-model Ford F-150 stolen from right in front of the building - in broad daylight (sometime between 10:30 and 11AM). Apparently trucks are a hot item for thieves around here lately.

weewillie
10-23-2012, 04:14 PM
no security cameras?
a few years ago a friend had the rims stolen from his Volvo wagon and the car left on the ground (imagine not even on blocks). A friend of my sons had his hummer stolen from a mall parking lot by a tow truck.

Gliderman8
10-23-2012, 04:23 PM
To bad he didn't have a gps alarm system so it could be tracked.

Boink
10-23-2012, 04:38 PM
I was worried about this as the Shuttle passed through the streets of LA (that or a serious graffiti attack). :laugh:

Gliderman8
10-23-2012, 04:53 PM
I was worried about this as the Shuttle passed through the streets of LA (that or a serious graffiti attack). :laugh:
News at eleven....

10-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Yesterday one of my co-workers had his late-model Ford F-150 stolen from right in front of the building - in broad daylight

Oh, so ~that's~ where you work ! :whistle:

Boink
10-23-2012, 09:25 PM
News at eleven....

Aha!!! :lol:

MikeP
10-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Lady here a couple years ago had her van stolen out of the parking lot during the day. She didn't know it was missing until the police showed up to question her about a bank robbery. Seems it had been used for that and dumped a couple blocks away.

Bayless
10-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Many years ago ('58 Chevy) my mom was volunteering at a hospital. After work, she tried to start her car and nothing happened, no noise or anything. Finally with the help of a gentleman passing by they opened the hood and the entire engine had been stolen right there in the parking lot.

AngliaGT
10-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Many years ago,I offered to take a Lady's groceries
out to her car,to which she replied "No,someone's got my car".
I told to let me know when they brought her car back,& I would
help her then,to which she replied "No ...someone stole my car".

- Doug

10-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Many years ago,I offered to take a Lady's groceries
out to her car,to which she replied "No,someone's got my car".
I told to let me know when they brought her car back,& I would
help her then,to which she replied "No ...someone stole my car".

- Doug

Doug has never met a car he didn't like and a lady gets her car stolen from where he works....hmmmm. :whistle:

:jester:

JamesWilson
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Some years ago my MGB was stolen from my driveway... and abandoned a block away.

I'd pulled the front calipers out for some brake work... and remounted the wheels to put it back on the ground.

Lucky nothing bad happened... but I really would have loved to have seen their face once it dawned on them....