PDA

View Full Version : Talk about international incident.

10-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Korean born skater screw over Canada for US while in Poland. :crazy:

Seems we're out sourcin' sabotage now as well. :whistle:

What happened to the good old days when a natural born American athelete would just club ya! :hammer: :jester:

My apologies to all our Canadian friends here. This just aint right :frown:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--u...-sanctions.html (https://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--u-s--speedskater-admits-to-sabotaging-opponent-s-skate--faces-sanctions.html)

JPSmit
10-06-2012, 09:37 AM
sadly we live in a "win at any cost" culture. I do however appreciate the honesty of the skater - rarer still.

waltesefalcon
10-06-2012, 06:06 PM
That's pathetic the guy should have gone to the authorities at the time, instead of doing it and coming clean now.

10-06-2012, 06:44 PM
That's pathetic the guy should have gone to the authorities at the time, instead of doing it and coming clean now.

From what I read, sounds like he got jammed up then tried to blame ol' boy.

When you think about it, all he had to do was say he did it. How's the coach gonna know. Sounds very self serving to me.

PAUL161
10-07-2012, 06:36 AM
In my book, an accessory to a crime, and this is a crime, is just as guilty as the one who did the physical act. Both should be kicked out of the sport for good! I don't buy the "I was afraid" thing. He has a brain and a mouth, and if it wasn't so obvious, would he have admitted to it? I doubt it very much, he would have just taken the glory and smiled. These kids spend years and years training for their chance at being the best and their parents spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for their training. To destroy that child's chance by someone who breaks the rules is disgusting. I have no sympathy for any athlete or his or her governing body that purposely breaks the rules for personal gain. Enough of that was done in the 60s, if you get my drift. Sorry for the rant, I just hate cheaters! PJ