PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, US Constitution

Basil
09-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Today marks the 225th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution on Monday Sept. 17, 1787. All of the thirteen states were represented at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, except for Rhode Island.

NutmegCT
09-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Bravo! Thanks for posting this. Our federal Constitution provides the basis for *everything* we have as citizens in our Republic.

Nothing is perfect in man's world, but the combined wisdom - and compromise - of the Founders yielded the core of the United States of America.

<span style="font-style: italic">"I confess that there are several parts of this constitution which I do not at present approve, but I am not sure I shall never approve them: For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged by better information, or fuller consideration, to change opinions even on important subjects, which I once thought right, but found to be otherwise. It is therefore that the older I grow, the more apt I am to doubt my own judgment, and to pay more respect to the judgment of others."</span>

B. Franklin, September 17, 1787.

https://www.usconstitution.net/franklin.html

waltesefalcon
09-17-2012, 09:26 PM
"All of the thirteen states were represented at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, except for Rhode Island."

So twelve of the thirteen states were represented. Anyway, happy birthday to the Constitution, and the United States (as we know it).

09-17-2012, 09:42 PM
[iFor having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged by better information, or fuller consideration, to change opinions even on important subjects, which I once thought right, but found to be otherwise. It is therefore that the older I grow, the more apt I am to doubt my own judgment, and to pay more respect to the judgment of others."[/i]

B. Franklin, September 17, 1787.

https://www.usconstitution.net/franklin.html

Sounds to me BF was loosing his mind and knew it. :laugh:

The older I get, the more I realize I am right and the easier it is to read between the lines.

Basil
09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Bravo! Thanks for posting this. Our federal Constitution provides the basis for *everything* we have as citizens in our Republic.

I'd put it a little differently, but never mind.