PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

TOC
09-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Spent a week back "home". High School reunion.
Drove all over re-acquainting myself with the memories.
Got a photo of me in the cab of #9, like the one taken with a Brownie in '62.
Got to see what a Manzanar barracks looked like before they were cut into thirds, trucked 45 miles, and made into houses, one of which I grew up in.
Old friends, good times.
Dave

judow
09-13-2012, 08:57 PM
:savewave: welcome home. Ant photos?

TOC
09-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Lots. Gotta remember how to post them here...been a while since I did. Lovely Bride took 675 of them, I took less....mostly folks and equipment at Bodie (ghost town) and the museum.
Dave

DNK
09-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Well it's about frickin time...

Basil
09-13-2012, 09:50 PM
:savewave: welcome home. <span style="font-weight: bold">Ant</span> photos?

Here ya go:

https://www.nipcam.com/images/fire_ant_control_products_large.jpg

TOC
09-13-2012, 11:08 PM
One of three of Old #9, the Slim Princess.

TOC
09-13-2012, 11:10 PM

TOC
09-13-2012, 11:11 PM

JPSmit
09-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Welcome back! sounds like you had a great time. My High School 50th was a few years ago - I went and realized after about 90 seconds that If I had wanted to stay in touch, I would have.

coldplugs
09-14-2012, 09:00 AM
We went to Bodie a couple of years ago - what a photogenic place! Naturally, I hadn't brought a camera and had to make do with a cell phone.

judow
09-14-2012, 08:33 PM
:savewave: welcome home. <span style="font-weight: bold">Ant</span> photos?

Here ya go:

https://www.nipcam.com/images/fire_ant_control_products_large.jpg

Thank you boss. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention.

TOC
09-14-2012, 10:08 PM
I wanted to do one reunion. I still like these folks, but I don't think I'll do another. The travel is just too hard. We've been home for about 30 hours, and just now is the pain level and wobbliness going down.
Two hour flight, but gotta get there two hours early, that's 4, pick up the rental car, that's 30 minutes, then 3-1/2 hour's drive, total travel time is 8 hours. There's an airport in town, but no commercial service and very few rental cars.
I am very glad I went.
Now, so "station the maneuvering watch" one more time, and "Dive! Dive!"

Basil
09-15-2012, 02:44 AM
Welcome back! sounds like you had a great time. My High School 50th was a few years ago - I went and realized after about 90 seconds that If I had wanted to stay in touch, I would have.

There is only one person from my yute that I really have stayed in touch with all these years. In fact, our friendship pre-dates high school. We met in 7th grade when our fathers were both stationed at the same Army Base in Germany. Mike and I lived in the same apartment building and became fast friends. Then, we moved back to the states about a year before Mike. But when Mike's Dad finally got reassigned it was at the same place my Dad was (Fitzsimmon's Army Hospital in Aurora, CO). As it turned out, Mike and his family ended up just a few blocks from me. The rest is history. We still regularly call each other and commiserate over world affairs.