PDA

View Full Version : I don't kow which is worse

08-27-2012, 08:29 PM
The hours and hours waiting for it to hit :rolleyes: or the 12 hours it takes for it to pass... :eeek:

DNK
08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Kind of like a Kidney stone

08-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Kind of like a Kidney stone

Nope, ya can't take pills fer a storm and a fella can only drink so much.

65-75 MPH winds forcasted for me right now.

JPSmit
08-27-2012, 11:21 PM
I remember hurricane Frances. I learned you can be bored and frightened at the same time. Be safe.

DrEntropy
08-28-2012, 10:28 AM
B-4 bag, batteries, first aid kit (comprehensive one, not the WallyWorld version), blade and projectile weapons, germane paperwork, store ten gallons of water... blah, blah.

I hate it. But I ~do~ it. Better to be ready for a number of scenarios.

waltesefalcon
08-28-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm happy we only get tornadoes around here. You don't see them coming and they are gone before you know it, none of this waiting that would kill me.

08-28-2012, 12:12 PM
B-4 bag

Whatsa b-4 bag?

Better to be ready for a number of scenarios.

I hear ya. My B-I-L waits and expects sources to be resupplied before he gears up. This is the same guy who showed up at my house the day after Katrina empty handed even though he had just left an area w/ ~everything~. :rolleyes:

I correctly predicted stations running out of fuel early for this storm. When I called him I got, "Na man, they be bringing trucks in to refill 'em."

Yeah, that may be but I aint waitin' fer NOBODY to do what they're supposed to... :nonod:

I've got mine; others can wait in line if they choose... :smirk:

I don't understand him....might just hav'ta eat him first... :wink: :devilgrin:

Mickey Richaud
08-28-2012, 12:41 PM
B-4 bag

Whatsa b-4 bag?

That's one you sure don't wanna get after... :jester:

70herald
08-28-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm happy we only get tornadoes around here. You don't see them coming and they are gone before you know it, none of this waiting that would kill me.

I only went though one tornado growing up, but it was more than enough for this lifetime! Vacuumed a line straight across the city and killed 6 people if I recall correctly.

Really amazing how it could totally destroy one side of a street and leave the other side untouched.

08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.........of boredom... :rolleyes:

bradltl
08-28-2012, 03:20 PM
The good news is that it doesn't look terrible. Be safe nonetheless.

DrEntropy
08-28-2012, 06:02 PM

Love ya, Billy!! That quote is sooo obscure it wouldn't be known by WELL over half th' folk who'd see it!!1!

Lookin' more an' more like a LOT of sky water, you're likely to get some gusts but not much else.

Bill onna other hand has a bigger stake. His kid's house is in the crosshairs... again.

:cry:

08-28-2012, 08:34 PM

Bill onna other hand has a bigger stake. His kid's house is in the crosshairs... again.

Oh, that's right, forgot about him. He's in the Irish channel so he's o.k from flooding. It's the lake side of St Charles uptown you gotta worry about. His biggest problem would be looters and the criminal types.

O.k, o.k, Entergy sucks and the power always goes out in N.O. even with just the slightest breeze. Entergy has got to be the worst power company ever... not to mention they are directly responsible for inner city kids being unable to correctly spell energy. So much so, I'm unsure if I just spelled it correctly or not. :laugh:

08-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Blowin' pretty good here right now. Not katrina like or anything. I had to drive into Slidell to handle something and I had trouble staying on the road. Inside for good now..baring someone else not doing what they said they were gonna do... :rolleyes:

08-28-2012, 08:43 PM

Love ya, Billy!! That quote is sooo obscure it wouldn't be known by WELL over half th' folk who'd see it!!1!

Well, we couldn't go on havin' a proper Pockyclypse without me sayin' "ahhhhh, we're all gonna die" now could we. :wink: :laugh:

Truely it was killing me. That's the worst part of these things. Had a little surprise though. Nothing major, just something under my charge changed plans and wasn't prepared. All is well and I'll sleep good now.