PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!

JPSmit
08-10-2012, 09:32 AM
And not music but very fun!

https://www.youtube.com/v/GybG-ZonSgw-ZonSgw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

08-10-2012, 10:13 AM
That's awesome! The kid looks to be having a blast.

Same thing happened to me as a child only in reverse. I had a dune buggy like that when I was three. One day I awoke to my buggy on blocks and it's freshly removed wheels were now rollers on my dad's boat trailer. :laugh: ...and it still bugs me.

My redneck engineer buddy ( he really is both) did something similar for his son's truck. I think he may have just put a higher voltage battery in it. I can't remember if he changed the motor too or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

Nice to see Dads doing stuf like that. The only wayt it could be cooler is if the kid grows up to be a high profile professional driver.

DrEntropy
08-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Outstanding! Great to see dads and kids do that kinda stuff.

My Ol' Fella put together a home-brew two-wheel "scooter" when my younger bro was about four, had a centrifugal clutch with a Tecumseh engine. Thing would climb to 50 MPH, we were constantly flying around the 'hood on it.
Mother was aghast. :devilgrin:

Bro was about six when he and Grandad (on a riding mower) had a low speed head-on collision. No real injuries but both vehicles were on their sides, the operators bruised up a bit. Bro was "grounded" for about a month over that, IIRC.

08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Mother was aghast. :devilgrin:

. Bro was "grounded" for about a month over that, IIRC.

What about yer Dad? I'm sure Mum didn't let <span style="font-style: italic">him</span> off scott free either. :wink:

DrEntropy
08-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Dunno, Billy.

VERY rarely would they allow anything but a Unified Front to be seen by us siblings... any disagreement was usually worked out well beyond our earshot.