PDA

View Full Version : This is just crazy

Gliderman8
08-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I guess prices have gone up a lot :whistle:
TR6 for how much? (https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-TR-6-TR6-74-Triumph-TR6-/200804368562?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ec0df80b2 #ht_4118wt_1165)

Geo Hahn
08-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Somebody wants their money back. Not bloody likely.

Nice car though.

Gliderman8
08-08-2012, 09:22 PM
For that price you would think it would at least have overdrive.

tomgt6
08-08-2012, 09:28 PM
That is one of those that the wife is telling him to get his money back of what he spend.

Andrew Mace
08-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I've never claimed to be an expert on the TR6; still, I don't think I've ever seen an "occasional rear seat" in one before. Was that ever a factory option?

Gliderman8
08-08-2012, 09:33 PM
The rear seat also caught my eye Andy. NO, I don't think it was ever intended for a rear seat but rather a "shelf". Also, I didn't see any seat belts for anyone that sits there.
Really, there is no room except maybe for a small child.

Andrew Mace
08-08-2012, 10:09 PM
The rear seat also caught my eye Andy. NO, I don't think it was ever intended for a rear seat but rather a "shelf". Also, I didn't see any seat belts for anyone that sits there.And I think that's the key here. By the time of the TR6, Federal safety and other laws were pretty strict about this sort of thing. If Triumph/BLMC were to have had any thoughts about the TR6 being a "2+2," they certainly would have had to install belts.

Darrell_Walker
08-08-2012, 10:17 PM
The rear seat also caught my eye Andy. NO, I don't think it was ever intended for a rear seat but rather a "shelf". Also, I didn't see any seat belts for anyone that sits there.
Really, there is no room except maybe for a small child.

A very small, legless child with the top up (the rear window angles forward fairly steeply), and no room at all with the top down.

That said, in my younger days I transported three passengers in my 4A on occasion. I had a roll bar at the time, and with the top down, you could sit two on the rear deck, feet in the shelf area, hanging onto the roll bar.

luke44
08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
It does seem to be at the high end of the market - Hagerty shows a #1 condition ("best int the world") '74 TR6 valued at around $35k.

There's a very telling line in the description: "This TR6 is exceptional in absolutely every way and cannot be duplicated for its asking price".

That doesn't surprise me. I also wouldn't be surprised if it finds a new home. Only takes one person who wants it.

Healey_Z
08-08-2012, 11:48 PM
On the market, but not for sale.

Gliderman8
08-09-2012, 07:06 AM
It does seem to be at the high end of the market - Hagerty shows a #1 condition ("best int the world") '74 TR6 valued at around $35k.

There's a very telling line in the description: "This TR6 is exceptional in absolutely every way and cannot be duplicated for its asking price".

That doesn't surprise me. I also wouldn't be surprised if it finds a new home. Only takes one person who wants it.

The area where it is selling is one of the most affluent parts of the country... lots of $ to spend.
Somebody not at all familiar with the car will see it and will haggle for say $40K and it will be sold. The buyer will think he got a deal and the seller will be jumping for joy.

luke44
08-09-2012, 08:05 AM
....Somebody not at all familiar with the car will see it and will haggle for say $40K and it will be sold. The buyer will think he got a deal and the seller will be jumping for joy.

Just a thought - My guess is at $40k the seller won't be jumping for joy. I expect he will be losing $$ on it.

GilsTR
08-09-2012, 08:39 AM
My guess is that the wife said that the car had to go! So....he put the car up for sale. She didn't say the car had to be priced at a level where it would sell! Varoooooom! Gil NoCal

DanB
08-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Isn't that one of those high-end dealers?