PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 horn repair

ceedub
08-07-2012, 04:53 PM
After many years as an MGB owner and user of the MG discussion forum, I have begun a frame off resto of a '72 TR6 and no doubt will need help from you learned folks along the way. So far so good. Frame is blasted and painted; suspension is rebuilt and I will soon begin to actually rebuild instead of remove and repair. I have come to the horns. Neither work. I have attached power to the positive and negative lugs and nothing not even continuity between the two lugs. I have opened the horn by drilling out the rivets and can't understand why there is no continuity between the positive lug and ground lug. I have cleaned the point contact and do have continuity from the positive lug through both coils to the clip where the second coil wire ends near the ground lug. There appears to be a flat insulator between this clip and the ground. How can you ever get continuity with this insulator separating the ground lug from the end of the second coil wire?
What am I not seeing or understanding? It looks simple enough and should work. Thanks,

Ceedub

TR3driver
08-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Photos would help. It kind of sounds like you are describing where the contacts should be, but it's been a long time since I had TR6 horns apart and I don't recall for sure.