PDA

View Full Version : Where in the flip is REVERSE???

Afrodesia
08-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I know where it is but ****ed if I can get it into it. I've done the 'shift into first & second to make sure everything is still at a stop then quick over to where R is' but it doesn't even remotely feel there is even reverse there!
When I'm moving in 1st, it sounds like there's a chipped tooth in that gear which I guess is a whole other issue but I am totally baffled. Can't even find it when car isn't running.

Any ideas?

TR3driver
08-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Reverse is to the right and back. You're supposed to have to lift up on the shift knob to move it that far to the right, but all of my cars have been worn enough that it's not necessary to lift the knob.

Of course, there is always the possibility that reverse doesn't work, but you should at least be able to move the lever into position farther to the right than where 3rd & 4th are.

HerronScott
08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Definitely, try lifting but the "chipped tooth" sound in 1st doesn't sound good. I initially installed a TR3A overdrive in my TR4A but ended up with the same issue which I believe was a problem with the countershaft.

Scott