PDA

View Full Version : BS&F auto parts

TOC
08-05-2012, 09:10 PM
TV show..."Hard Parts", located in Da Bronx.

Other night, I had my 12 seconds of viewing these morons.
In walks a gal in a Union Jack shirt, with a wiper problem on the car she rents out.
Daimler.
Pop the bonnet....lump. Okay. Then the guy says "too bad you don't have a Chevy wiper motor, like the engine", while not only pointing at the Smith's heater motor in the centre of the firewall, but this little arrow comes on screen to SHOW you where it it.

Irregardless of the Lucas wiper motor you can see inside the right wing.

I couldn't watch any more.

aeronca65t
08-06-2012, 05:34 AM
Another "reality" show. Lowest-common-denominator television.

By the way, most people in the Bronx aren't really like that.

08-06-2012, 09:06 AM
A reality show about a parts store, seriously?

How interesting can that be?

JPSmit
08-06-2012, 10:52 AM

'bout as interesting as every other reality TV show :pukeface:

08-06-2012, 10:58 AM

Met with an old freind of Kelly's last night. They wanted her to do a reality show (she's a travel agent). They shot some durring Mardi Gras but she didn't like it. Especially when they wanted more drama b/w her and her husband. I don't know if a pilot was actually done or not but didn't seem like she wanted any part of it.

They must be getting really desperate if they are going after part stores for material....I mean really, come on....a parts store?!

JPSmit
08-06-2012, 11:48 AM
They must be getting really desperate if they are going after part stores for material....I mean really, come on....a parts store?!

why not they have Tow trucks, meter maids, pawn shops, swamp people, wedding shops, cupcake shops, bakeries, restaurants, shipping companies, auction houses, trailer trash, rich trailer trash - the list is mind boggling

martx-5
08-06-2012, 12:39 PM

There's a few of them that I find very interesting. The original "Pawn Stars" (the one from Las Vegas, not the Cajun guys) and "American Pickers" with Mike Wolf and Frank Fritz are two that I'll watch often. Two others that I watch every now and then are "Deadliest Catch" and "American Restoration".

AngliaGT
08-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I heard that they were going to do one on British car owners,
& their cars - but nobody wanted to watch it (except us).Heard there
was too much footage shot in garages of owners working on their cars.

- Doug

JPSmit
08-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I heard that they were going to do one on British car owners,
& their cars - but nobody wanted to watch it (except us).Heard there
was too much footage shot in garages of owners working on their cars.

- Doug

No one likes to see grown men cry

DrEntropy
08-06-2012, 01:22 PM
...and even those producers have a threshold for profane language, methinks. :jester:

TOC
08-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Only "reality" show I watch (and about the only one I am religious about doing so) is Holmes on Homes.

Just thumbing through and I see "Hard Parts".

08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
The funny thingis, this nutty guy I know came up with all the success reality show ideas years before they ever came out. He didn't have anything to do with it, but it sure is weird.

Deadliest Catch IMO is the best one. (he didn't have that one.)

DrEntropy
08-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Well, This guy (https://www.writersstore.com/authors/troy-devolld) is a friend of ours, his efforts are out there.

AngliaGT
08-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Is it true that he's going to do a reality series
based on your life?

- Doug

TOC
08-07-2012, 03:26 PM
I suppose eyeglasses like that are De Rigueur for reality shows....act as blinders.....

TOC
08-07-2012, 03:32 PM
"Everyone has this concept [] that you can make a good person on a reality show look bad and you can make a bad person look good - that's impossible. You can only make a bad person look worse and a good person look better. And anyone who thinks that it's different, doesn't know how to make a reality show."

I'm thinking of Coddington....."Senior"....BS&F.....on one side.
I think Foose is someone I could work with.

Do you remember the crXp that went on with the Coddington hotrod show? I've had bosses like that....for short periods of time.

ANY time I see expletives deleted, chairs being thrown, people being fired or quitting, legal skirmishes, I wince.