PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard tool bag upgrade

07-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Been using my junk Homier tool roll for the MG as a JY box. See, once upon a time I had a race shop box, a home box and junk tools for MG and JY. Well, I'm not racing anymore so those are my home tools now. My old home tools have been in storage unused and I still had my junk tools I was using. I decided that was just stupid so I swapped stuff around and bought some new stuff too.

Now I have almost three complete sets (two of each wrench) of both standard and metric PLUS my race/home box. Bought some stubby flex head ratchet wrenchs sets for the yard ($26- 5 piece HF) as well as new HF Pro sockets sets that were on sale ($8.99!). They look preety good especially for the price.

I still need a few things for my JY/MG bag but man do I have some stuff in there now!

I also have started another bag for the Lincoln.

Keeping some of the junk tools for now in case I loose some wrenches in the yard. Nice to have a decent set for the yard and car now.

rick_ingram
07-23-2012, 02:10 AM
An MGB/GT in a yard in Danville, IL ate one of my 7/16" combo wrenches.

At least it was 'expendible'.

equiprx
07-23-2012, 09:06 AM

My Milwaukee cordless drill went missing when someone walked off with it at my local Pick-n-Pull.

07-23-2012, 02:19 PM

My Milwaukee cordless drill went missing when someone walked off with it at my local Pick-n-Pull.

Where were you?

SilentUnicorn
07-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Isn't anyone else bothered by the relationship with the MG/JY tool bag? Mg and JY do not go hand in hand.

m

rick_ingram
07-23-2012, 05:34 PM
That's why I don't call it a junk yard.....it's a SALVAGE yard!

07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Isn't anyone else bothered by the relationship with the MG/JY tool bag? Mg and JY do not go hand in hand.

m

Feel free to buy me another set so I don't have to use them for both. :laugh:

equiprx
07-24-2012, 09:42 AM

Where were you?

I was pulling parts from another vehicle and my helper was supposed to be holding down the fort. He was just on the other side of the car from the drill and suspected a woman of the crime, but pick-n-pull would not inspect her back pack.

07-24-2012, 10:46 AM

Where were you?

I was pulling parts from another vehicle and my helper was supposed to be holding down the fort. He was just on the other side of the car from the drill and suspected a woman of the crime, but pick-n-pull would not inspect her back pack.

Huh? There supposed to do that anyway looking for stolen parts. Might have been a "friend" of the yard. I never leave my tools unattended. When I had to use the port-o-let yesterday, I parked it right out front with a piece of carpet over my wheel barrow so no one could see the goods.

TR6BILL
07-24-2012, 11:27 AM
, I parked it right out front with a piece of carpet over my wheel barrow so no one could see the goods.

You weren't stealing <span style="font-weight: bold">wheel barrows</span>, we're you?

Mickey Richaud
07-24-2012, 11:50 AM
When I had to use the port-o-let yesterday, I parked it right out front with a piece of carpet over my wheel barrow so no one could see the goods.

You weren't stealing <span style="font-weight: bold">wheel barrows</span>, we're you?

No, he was parking port-o-lets.