PDA

View Full Version : hot

startech47
07-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Got home at 5PM. The wife informed me that our A/C was broken. Checked it out and found the dual run capacitor was bad. Of course, all of the parts stores were closed. Called one of the companies we use at the fire house. He checked the truck and told me he had the part and to come on out. After an hour of driving and a stop at Roy Rogers to buy dinner for the family I had the part. At 8PM I had the capacitor installed and the house was cooling down. The best part, the capacitor was free.

Gliderman8
07-18-2012, 07:40 PM
I love happy endings :banana:

DNK
07-18-2012, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't know the inside from the outside on an A/C unit

Mickey Richaud
07-19-2012, 07:45 AM
There's a great billboard on the side of the building here which houses an A/C supply business:

"Your wife's HOT! Better get the A/C fixed."

PAUL161
07-19-2012, 08:45 AM
101 here yesterday! Wish this heat wave would cool down a bit. Hottest driest summer since the thirties, so they claim. Were in a drought and have been for nearly the past month. Need some of the rain the East coast is getting. PJ

waltesefalcon
07-19-2012, 09:51 AM
You still have Roy Rogers out there? I thought they all closed back in the 80s.
Paul, In western OK we are having a wet cool (by SW OK Standards) summer, last year it didn't rain for 10 months, and we had 40 days of 110+ days. They said that was the hottest driest one since the 30s for us. Its amazing how much the weather can change from one side of the state to the other.

DrEntropy
07-19-2012, 02:36 PM
startech is in Virginia, Walt. Tho I would ask if the Junior Hot Shops are still around there.

startech47
07-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Jr Hot Shops are long gone. Roy's Company stores were bought for the property. A few Associate stores managed to stay open. Roy's is now making a come back. At Roy's you could buy a roast beef and a few sides and have a nice dinner. The other fast food places were really only good as lunch spots. I was good and didn't purchase either a Apple Cheese Crisp or a Strawberry Short Cake. I worked in the garage of the Loman's Plaza Western Auto which was behind the Jr Hot Shoppes. A lot of lunches there.