PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge Works

KVH
06-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Actually, the sender, and yes it was the float. Cracked and full of gas as I'd reported earlier. I just wanted to thank everyone for the help, Scott, Elliot, and others. We all say it, but this resource is incredible.

I was going to order that brass float, but it was actually in stock right here in town from a hot rod shop. It's exactly as you guys said, though it's incredible how common that float is-- it fits 25 years of GMC trucks, 15 years of Chevy Passenger cars, 5 years of the Chevy Nova, 7 years of the Corvette, and lots of Ford cars and trucks including the Mustangs.

If I heard the shop back East correctly, their supplier showed 600 in stock.

Tomorrow I go for a long drive. I've been waiting!

Gliderman8
06-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear it's working! Enjoy the ride!

tdskip
06-10-2012, 05:56 PM
How was the drive?

KVH
06-10-2012, 09:02 PM
I was hoping someone would ask. Awesome! 120 miles around the Catalina Mountains and back. I wrapped foam around those e-brake cables and all the thumping over bumps is gone. And my rebuilt OD was terrific. Lots of 70mph + driving. With a functioning fuel gauge. Almost perfection. Still a slight oil drip at the drain plug. I'm going to look for that putty type plug sealer Randall mentioned. I'm heading out for an evening drive in a few minutes. Anything to avoid thinking about work tomorrow.

Brosky
06-12-2012, 07:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Still a slight oil drip at the drain plug.[/QUOTE]

Oil leaks are natural. Fix it at your own risk. Something worse will take it's place if you do.....I'm just sayin.....