PDA

View Full Version : TR4/4A TR4 Gauge Help

KVH
06-04-2012, 04:14 PM
This is awfully technical, but I could use some help.

I dismantled my fuel gauge, then also dismanlted the back of my ammeter gauge. Basically, I was cleaning the spade connectors and, for the fuel gauge, checking the internal wiring.

I put everything back together, but in the process I noticed that one of the small fiber block insulators on the back of my fuel gauge was broken--those little brown "cloverleaf" looking fiber insulators that prevent the spade connectors from touching the gauge case.

So, I replaced both of those fiber insulators on the back of the fuel gauge with new nylon insulators from a local electrical supply outlet. Sounds good so far.

Everything is back together but now I'm totally puzzled. On my desk in the garage are two more little brown fiber insulators--not the originals?

Did I leave these two out? Where would they go? Do they fit internally to the gauge somehow? They are not the ones I replaced on the back of the fuel gauge, and I certainly don't believe I had any extras. I'm fairly certain the fuel gauge did not have "four" insulators, and I'm not seeing where they'd go on the ammeter gauge.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.