PDA

View Full Version : TR5/TR250 TR250 Hazard Switch

RagTopMan
06-02-2012, 06:32 PM
My original switch is shot and I'd rather not resort to having to file the dash opening to accomodate the later version toggle switch. If it comes to that, I'd love to hear from someone who has done it without ruining their new dash!

Also, Moss shows a hazard switch, 635-600, for the WHOPPING price of $189.95. Any idea if this is NOS or correct for the TR250? I just tried calling them but was too late.

PS: anyone got a used one they would like to get rid of!

glemon
06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Mine didn't work and was missing some pieces got one on eBay for I think $40 or 50 and put the best of both together they come up on eBay from time to time never cheap. Don't know anything about what Moss sells.

Marvin Gruber
06-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Let me check, I may have one

Marv

trrdster2000
06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Bob, if you send it to me I may be able to fix the one you have, if you haven't taken it apart and lost apart or two. If you take it apart watch out for a small spring. You could use my trick, do it under clear plastic wrap.

Wayne

RagTopMan
06-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Let me check, I may have one

Marv
Thanks Marv. Let me know!

I spoke with Moss and they have me convinced that they really do have the correct switch and in stock. I couldn't get out of them whether or not it is NOS or just what its origin is but they kept referencing the correct Lucas part number (35857). Given the crazy price, I think that this must be the real deal.

RagTopMan
06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Bob, if you send it to me I may be able to fix the one you have, if you haven't taken it apart and lost apart or two. If you take it apart watch out for a small spring. You could use my trick, do it under clear plastic wrap.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne! I may take you up on your offer. I'm thinking of buying the Moss switch (or one from Marv if he has one) and then try to fix up my existing one as a back-up.

I've got to try to get through DMV inspection this week and am worried I'll get pinched due to my hazards. Which, given all I've put into getting this car on the road, would really tick me off!

trrdster2000
06-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Bob, I'm sending you a PM.

Wayne

RagTopMan
06-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Bob, I'm sending you a PM.

Wayne

Responded Wayne. Thanks!

Marvin Gruber
06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Bob,
I have a couple of hazard sw's. PM me your home email address and I will send you a picture of two sw's. One has red triangle, one has white. Pretty sure the white one is the one you want.

Marv