PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience w Dayton bolt-on wire wheel

justin_mercier
06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I want to go with wire wheels for my Hathaway Hunter, but I really dont like splines. Dayton sells bolt-on wire wheels for modern tubeless tires, and when I called them they said that yes, they can and do make them in the bolt pattern needed for a TR6. They're not cheap, but the cost would still be cheaper than getting normal wires + spline hub adapters, new studs, etc.

I'm leaning towards buying a set and selling off my essentially brand new KN Minators, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has used them and what their experience has been, how the clearances on the insides for the breaks are, etc.

Thanks!

GilsTR
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Justin....One of our local guys has a set on his TR3B.
Have worked very good for him for a number of years.
Gil NoCal

hondo402000
06-01-2012, 04:23 PM
I dont but I think they would be just fine

Hondo

SailCat
06-01-2012, 11:47 PM
My car had Dayton wire wheels when I got it 10 years ago. I've been happy with them, BUT it takes a skinny lug wrench to fit between the spokes. You can't use an impact wrench. Also I found the wheels got out of balance during hard cornering (triumphest autocross) It turned out that the wheels flexed enough to hit the balancing weight on something and shift it out of balance. I now have stick on weights inside the rim - no further problems.

JohnO