PDA

View Full Version : Wedge TR7 Fuel injection problem

Silvio
05-31-2012, 08:11 PM
My son was driving down a suburban street in his recently revived TR7 Spider with fuel injection. All of a sudden there were a few pops, then nothing. When he pulled off the road, he discovered huge cracks in the rubber boots that are between the plenum and intake manifold. First, we need new boots to replace the old cracked ones. Then we need to diagnose the problem.
Any thoughts?
Silvio

Dale
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
I think moss has the rubber boots you need. They have shown up on E-bay from the folks who claim to make them as reproduction parts. The Bently manual is worth the bucks and should contain a section on the FI. It has an excellent diagnostic step by step chart. That is of course if the problem is with the FI. Diagnoses is as with any thing else, spark, fuel, compression. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Darrell_Walker
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi Silvio,

Welcome!

Once you fix what sounds like potentially large air leaks, you may find that is your problem. With a large air leak past the air flow meter, the ECU will see little or no air flowing into the engine, which may cut off the fuel pump right there, but at a minimum will cause it to inject very little fuel.

As a temporary fix, you can wrap them in duct tape.

-Darrell

JodyFKerr
05-31-2012, 11:02 PM
I recently picked up those exact parts. Got them from the LBC Car Company. They had the best prices.