PDA

View Full Version : Clikadjust Valve Adjuster

LexTR3
05-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Has anyone had experience with the Clikadjust Valve Adjuster? The screwdriver/wrench combination is easy enough, but I wonder if the Clikadjust makes the process just a bit easier.

JFS
05-31-2012, 10:57 AM
I bought one many years ago. I used it a couple of times but trusted the thickness gauge method more. I don't remember whether I gave it away or just misplaced it. I'm not saying it doesn't work or it isn't any good; I'm saying that I personally feel more comfortable using the traditional feeler gauges.

Geo Hahn
05-31-2012, 11:17 AM
I still use the feeler gauge but perhaps the Click-adjust would give a more accurate lash if the top of the push rods have worn to a cup shape matching the rocker tip (a mating that would give a too-small reading (too-large gap) with a flat feeler)?

DanB
05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't have one, but have used them. I liked it. It is really easy to use and as Geo says, it can give you a better adjustment when the feeler gauge might not fit into wear points. As far as accuracy goes, the clicks are designed to correspond to the threads and the threads don't change so it seems to me it should be pretty accurate. You could always do one and measure it to make sure.

Dan B

LexTR3
05-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Dan, George, and others,

Many thanks. I will try one out.

Which leads to a related question. How often should one check one's valves?

I have friends who check and adjust them fairly often -- every couple of months... I drive about 4000 miles a year (restricted by VA antique plates law and my insurance)and I have been checking them once a year.