View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 fuel line part#104842

05-28-2012, 03:52 PM
What hose are you using when you replace the fuel hose from the tap to the pump? It's a flexible SS hose about 14" long. VB is the only one that shows it and they want $50.00 for it.

05-28-2012, 04:08 PM

You might check with Mark Macy at Macy's Garage. He manufactures inlet pipes, and perhaps also outlet pipes.

Just a thought.

05-28-2012, 04:32 PM
I converted to the later setup, with a short length of hard line at the pump inlet and valve outlet, plus a length of ordinary 5/16" fuel line between them.

05-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Keith I believe they only used that part very early on the tr3s. I kinda figured it had to like that, but had not actually seen one. If you have a local heavy equipment shop or hydraulic shop for big trucks they can replicate that. I would let them know the fittings are most likely standard and not to destroy yours for the fittings. You will probably have to prove or debate that the fittings are not metric or Whitworth. Nice Piece

05-28-2012, 10:00 PM
SP I was thinking the same thing. I wish I could use the original fittings because the new style are always bigger and don't look right. I could always go Randalls route and make it work fine, but I love the look of some of the old parts , even if it is only a hose.

Marvin Gruber
05-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Take a dremmel tool and cut pressed band off the fittings, you can reuse the fittings with a new hose. Won't be as pretty but will work.