PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A tr3 float chamber

danbateman
05-13-2012, 07:20 PM
front float keeps flooding put in new grose valves still floods. bent lever every way still valve floods into carb use finger and blow through it with hard pressure on ball it sometimes will close, help

Geo Hahn
05-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Is there any fuel inside the floats (remove, shake & listen)? If they get significant fuel inside they will not float as they should.

Not a big fan of Grose Jets.

TR3driver
05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
It should close tightly with only minimal pressure from your finger. If not, either the valve is defective or it has some crud caught in it. I've also seen them leak between the valve and the cover (although pressing on the lever probably wouldn't stop that).

If it hasn't been done in the past 10 years or so, I would change all of the soft fuel lines under the hood. They can start shedding little bits into the fuel that will cause exactly the problem you describe.

Personally, I would throw the Grose Jets as hard as I could, then install some original type needle valves.

Also worth checking the fuel pressure. Someone else on this forum recently had exactly the same problem (although with HS4 carbs as I recall), and discovered that his fuel pressure had mysteriously gone up to 10 psi!

danbateman
05-14-2012, 05:44 PM
order new valves original type today. thank you very much.

LexTR3
05-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Also... you might check the overflow pipes for any blockage. If they are blocked, you'll get flooding. Unlikely... but worth a check.

danbateman
05-17-2012, 07:20 PM
well now both floats had gas in them repaired one solder it after drill out hole. new flow jets now time to adjust level still floods. thanks for all the help will let you know when working. also new electric fuel pump