PDA

View Full Version : TR6 New TR6 owner, the adventure begins!

siberian
02-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Hi all, just picked up my TR6 this weekend and now the adventure begins.

You'll be seeing a lot of inane questions from me over the next few years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Story of purchase + pics here:

https://www.siberian.org/archives/000028.html

To say I am excited is an understatement! I haven't had a car to play with since my 1967 camaro 10 years ago.

If anyone wants to take a look and give me rust/frame opinions I'd appreciate it. I'm a bit concerned about how low it rides in the back but since the door gap looks solid I am inclined to believe its a suspension issue and not frame sag.

trrdster2000
02-28-2005, 06:37 PM
siberian, Welcome to our happy home. The car looks great and before you do the major rebuild check that the valve cover seal is doing it's job. A new seal and a trip to the car wash may be all that's needed to clean up the engine area. Wayne

Bill Redd
02-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Welcome!

This is a great group of Triumph owners, all willing to lend a hand (or a keystroke) when they can...
I purchased a '72 TR6, also yellow, late in 2003. Drove it for awhile, and then last summer, took it all apart. I've never done this before, but these folks have been a great help.
Never hurts to find a Calif. car. Mine looked a lot like your when I got it. No real surprises in terms of rust. Just got my back from the body shop, and getting ready to reassemble.

Good luck!

Geo Hahn
02-28-2005, 07:48 PM
At the risk of sounding like a Hallmark card - May the joy of that first ride come back to you every time you get behind the wheel.

PCH all the way to Triumphest -- what a drive that will be.

kindofblue
02-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I really like to picture of the "T-Shirt". Yours looks in solid shape. I assume you throughly checked where the rear trailing arms mount to the frame for corrosion as well. I didn't see a pic of that here. My 250 has similar body issues, a few bubbles of rust here and there, but the important parts of the frame are solid. Of course, mine isn't in drive home condition. Mine has been in a barn for the last 14 years, so I have a longer way to go before I hit the twisties. I put a battery in it yesterday, and the lights came on for the first time in years. Exciting...

This is a great forum. Its always busiest here with the Triumph people. Addicting, myself included. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

red_tr250
02-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, congrats...looks like you have a very solid foundation! Enjoy,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

siberian
02-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Lots of thanks to you Todd, you've really given me a lot of solid advice on the 6-pack list!

John

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, congrats...looks like you have a very solid foundation! Enjoy,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

[/ QUOTE ]

35thbdaytr6
03-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Looks like a good car. Drive it around a little before you tear it all apart. Looks like it was Carmine Red before a respray.

siberian
03-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Checked the paint numbers last night and they confirm that it was Jasmine Yellow with tan interior.

The underbody does have a red spray to it, could it be a primer undercoat?