PDA

View Full Version : TR5/TR250 arizonamike's TR250 is Home

arizonamike
05-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I loaded her up last Friday morning and headed west right after. Big storms were forecast for the St. Louis area beginning Friday night. I missed all the rain and hail and had dry pavement all the way back to Arizona, but missed seeing some friends in the area. The TR exceeded my expectations. Its too nice to drive...very much :-). There are a couple of small issues, but i am very happy to get this one. It does really rip, scarey fast. EVERYTHING WORKS. shifts perfectly and sounds awesome. interior is all brand new. :-). I was body off frame restoration completed last November. The folks who did the work provided a cd with full photo documentation of the work. Life is good, i'm a happy guy. :-)
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x341/mltiema/getimage-40.jpg

Anthony_S
05-01-2012, 03:01 PM
SWEET!! It looks really pretty, have fun!

JodyFKerr
05-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Great ride! You need to bring it down to Phoenix for a DCTRA meeting. Barring that I hope you'll bring it to Triumphfest in Flagstaff this fall.

drooartz
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Fantastic, probably my all-time favorite Triumph. May it bring you many great miles. :cheers:

GilsTR
05-01-2012, 03:25 PM
S C O R E ! ! ! gIL nOcAL

sd80mac7204
05-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Fantastic, probably my all-time favorite Triumph. May it bring you many great miles. :cheers:

AND MANY great smiles!! :banana:

M_Pied_Lourd
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
That is awesome!

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd

Trevor Triumph
05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
What Jody said... DCTRA second Tuesdays and Triumphest in Flagstaff.

HerronScott
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Congratulations!

Scott

mrv8q
05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Wow, life is good! Drive it and enjoy it in good health!

tdskip
05-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Fantastic - thanks for the update and picture. She looks great.

mallard
05-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Very very nice, hope to see you around AZ. That trailer looks like you could stack 2 cars on top of each other and it would still handle the weight.

billspit
05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Too nice to drive? I hope not.

TonyPanchot
05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
wait till you get comfy behind the wheel Mike it is a performer
I've gone trip ZS and other GP parts and love the performance delivered
\
Enjoy

arizonamike
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks fellas. I sure do like her. Its great for the Arizona heat too, white with the oil cooler. These are not all that expensive and well worth the money in my opinion.
KIT INCLUDES :
OIL FILTER ADAPTOR AND SPIN ON OIL FILTER
STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED HOSES
13 ROW OIL RADIATOR
STAINLESS STEEL RADIATOR MOUNTING BRACKETS
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x341/mltiema/7.jpg

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x341/mltiema/getimage-44.jpg

arizonamike
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Just a quick follow up here about buying on internet pictures. The TR i was considering: https://www.schmitt.com/viewimage.asp?ID=4517
It has a nice paint job, but has a few problems.

Yes, i had to stop in and see this one last Thursday in St Louis too..just because the internet photos looked so great. I had talked to their "salesman" and he would not show pictures of the bottom of the car .. and was just uncooperative.

Anyway, while visiting the "Royal Schmitt Showroom" the "salesman" said i could go ahead and look at the car myself, he was busy staring at a computer screen.

Here is what i saw: very good paint. Chrome: fair amount of problems around tail lites and front markers, not visible in photos. Drivers side door does not open correctly, and wouldn't close without lifting it. Trunk would not open. Top is in poor condition. Interior looks much better in photos than in person, rubber poor, various jerryrigs under the hood. So i approached the "salesman" again and inquired if it was alright for us to start this one inside the showroom (very fancy show room by the way). He said we could if he could remember how. We both tried to start the car until the battery started to go. "Salesman" calls the "Shop Foreman" to the showroom, "Why won't this gd car start!!". "Shop Foreman" smiles to show me there is no problem. They were both putting a charge on the battery, with air cleaners off when i left.

I had finished the deal on my TR250 about 2 hrs earlier. :-)