PDA

View Full Version : Glove box tire pressure plate

RagTopMan
04-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Gentlemen,

Long time listener, first time caller... or so to speak. I'm over a year into restoring my TR250 and finally decided to join rather than continue lurking.

What a better way to kick things off than with what surely is a stupid question... which by the way is why I am certain someone here will be able to help.

I have in my hand a new (TRF) tire pressure label/plate that should be affixed to the inside of the glove box door. I'm obviously missing something so please... how does this thing attach?

You should have seen how long it took me to figure out the turn signal/headlight stalk decals!

Bob

trrdster2000
04-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Bob, of the few I have taken off, they were attached with a rubber cement, like counter top contact.
Don't forget it will be upside down when you close the door, if you are installing it off the hinges.

Wayne

RagTopMan
05-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks Wayne. I suspected as much, but having to use glue on a new dash panel is an instance where I needed some reassurance before I did it.

Thanks again.

mallard
05-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Or you can use 2 sided tape. I though they came with the tape.

glemon
05-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Can't add anything to the answers already provided, but welcome aboard, post some pics for us soon.

Greg

RagTopMan
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys. No tape anywhere that I could find and I've been trying to peel an apparently non-existant backing for days.

Contact cement fixed it right up.