PDA

View Full Version : Fun Idea

Will_Ringrose
04-28-2012, 09:58 PM
If you had access to a machine shop used to build cars in the past. and was told to make yourself a Car.....

What would you Build?

I will at some point I will be moving myself and my GT6 to Argentina and had this thought....

I want to build a bigger new GT6 to use as my daily driver.

My thought was using a Jag AJ16 4.0L. Making it in very much the same way the GT6 was built, just bigger maybe with a small back seat for the Dogs. The shop I will be living on top of has everything someone would need to make it.

I guess this is a little thought exercise, what would you build?

DougF
04-28-2012, 10:04 PM
You could buy a Jensen Interceptor and have extra money left to pay for gas.

Will_Ringrose
04-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I would love that! But they will be even harder to find down there.

I just there this out there to see what others think, what others might build if they had the chance.

Silverghost
04-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Easy answer..replicas of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the racer it was built from. When can we start??? :smile:

Banjo
04-29-2012, 07:24 AM
There were many really fascinating cars built in the early 1900s. I think I'd make my own version of one of them. the first one that comes to mind is the Adams-Farwell. Mainly because I'd love to build the engine it had and see it run. It was a 5 cylinder, air-cooled, radial design with the crankshaft solidly fixed to the frame. the entire engine spun making it it's own flywheel and cooling fan.
Look it up. it had to be really cool to see. You could also pull all the drivers controls out of the floor, and move them to a different position to drive from, like the back seat.
There is only one known to exist today. It's a 1906 model.

tdskip
04-29-2012, 08:50 AM
I'd make something with good parts availability....

Brosky
05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Italia......

swift6
05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Paul, it is frightening how similar our tastes in cars run. :smile: