PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Stainless Steel exhaust info needed.

skikir
02-28-2005, 04:27 PM
I bought an exhaust system off ebay a couple of years ago when I draged home my current money drain. Finally getting to put them on. They did not come with instructions and I am not sure if the installation kit it came with is correct for it. I can't believe I spent 10 hours on these things and still are not on right. Does anyone have any instructions for these things or ideas for mounting the rear hangers. I had to use some home made "L" brackets mounted to the floor of the trunk but I miss measured and need to move them a couple of inches more inboard. So far I like the way the sound. Does any one have a web site for Falcon?

Alan_Myers
02-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi,

I don't believe there is a website for Falcon, at least I've never found one.

First, what car are you installing this system it on?

Is it a single or dual exhaust?

Is it a sport or standard exhaust? (Falcon Sport is slightly larger diameter, 2" pipe on single pipe TRs.)

Are you installing headers, or do you already have headers?

I am in the process of installing a Falcon Sport SS system on a TR4. The back half is in place, waiting for backordered headers and front pipe. I can give you info on the hangers for this car, but need to know what you are driving, my experience may or may not be applicable.

Cheers!

Alan

02-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Ski, If the Falcon system is of the same design as the stock TR exhaust, the mounting brackets should essentially be stock. The dual system is a story for another day. Refer to the post <my engine> below to see my hastle with installing dual Falcons.

Bill

skikir
03-01-2005, 06:29 PM
OK. I think I have them in. Took a little adjustment from my trusty Kmart blue light special 2 1/2 ton floor jack. After moving the fabricated rear bracket an inch farther to the center and getting things lined up I jacked up the muffler in to possition after placing a 2X4 so I didn't dent the rear valence. There needs to be just a little angle adjustment on the input of the muffler.