PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3A Choke cable hook up

Tinkerman
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
The only thing that I have to do with the carb pre-start set up, is hook up the choke. I'm sitting here looking at the Practical Hints booklet and I see how the choke cable goes and where it goes. My problem is I can't see where the actual cable hooks up. Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks, Tinkerman

TR3driver
04-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Where the horizontal rod joins the bottom of the lever on the front carb, there is a special double-ended pin. One side is smooth and takes a cotter pin to hold it in place through the lever and clevis. The other side is threaded for a nut. On the threaded side, there is a hole through the center. The inner part of the choke cable goes through the hole, then tighten the nut to lock the inner cable to the pin.

Tinkerman
04-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Randall, that was great and very timely. I went into my computerized store of parts and got a hit on "choke cable pin assy" I was sitting here trying to figure out how it went when I got your post.
Thanks, Dick

TR3driver
04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Forgot to add, that drawing is from Bob Schaller's "More BS on TRs". Bob is no longer with us, but I believe reprints are available from TRF.