PDA

View Full Version : Series 3 XK6

Bebo
08-16-2002, 08:08 PM
Took a trip to San Deigo and saw a beautiful early 80's XK-6 it was light grey and looked like it just came off the show room floor. I drove along with it for about 15 miles just to look at it. Even driven by a little ol lady. Lost her in Oceanside. Anyone know the car? I just got to get one. (THE Jag NOT THE lADY).
Where to I start my search. Web sites? parts?
clubs? Will go anywhere in the southwest for the right car as it will look so good parked next ot my MGB.

Steve
08-17-2002, 12:57 PM
My strongest recommendation will be to join the club(s) first. Club members usually take greatest care of their vehicles, so their magazines will be the safest and easiest way to find the car that you want. The members are always pleased to help with advice and things to look out for, and there is usually someone who knows his or her stuff and is prepared to come and look at a car with you. Start there, and good luck!

StevenA
08-17-2002, 07:43 PM
I have had good luck personally with a few of the "open to everyone" sites...but have been able to find three very fine autos at them. They are : autotrader.com
fossilcars.com
jag-lovers.com
My recent purchase was a 1994 XJ6 Vanden Plas with 61,000 miles from a very picky owner who serviced it at least twice a year and garaged it from the first day.
Cheers, StevenA graemlins/lol.gif