PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Spitfire on Wheeler Dealer

trrdster2000
03-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Next Wednesday at 9 PM Eastern the show on Velocity, Wheeler Dealer will be buying and redoing a Spitfire for resale. They have done a Lotus and Land Rover lately.

Enjoy, Wayne

CinneaghTR
03-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Already have the reminder set on the TV!!

PATR8
03-31-2012, 08:29 PM
I love the show but my daughter and I always laugh that they feel Ed "the tall man" Chyna's time is not worth anything when they calculate the cost

CinneaghTR
04-01-2012, 10:44 AM
I agree. I don't know this, but it appears to be a decision that if they did include labor, they would not make a profit. It's supposed to be TV and not a business, right?

I would prefer seeing the labor included in the costs. The closest thing we get is Ed saying how long a job will take. I guess there could be a premise where if you wanted to be a wheeler dealer yourself, then you wouldn't include your labor costs if you were doing the work yourself.

I'm definitely on "Team Ed"!

HerronScott
04-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Just watched the Spitfire episodes last night and had to at least show the end-result drive to my wife. Very funny!

Now Edd's height must be in his upper body as I never stuck up above the windshield like that on my wife's 68 Spitfire and I'm 6'5" (He's 6'7")!

Scott